Secrets of the Night {You Wish Batman} PART 34

I slowly faded back into consciousness. The first thing I was aware of was pain. My whole body felt as though it had been trampled on. Second I realized that I felt the comfort of a bed and pillow underneath me. As I tried to piece these facts together, everything came flooding back.

A scream tore from my throat as my eyes shot open.

The door to my room burst open. I flinched and tried to scoot back. My body protested in every way possible. I was forced to lay there frozen as I dreaded who would come through the door.

"Shea! Thank god you're awake." Relief flooded through me as I recognized Blades voice.

"Could you be a little louder Bat Boy? I'm pretty sure the entire school knows I'm awake now." My voice came out shaky, but at least I was talking.

Blade ran over to me and leaned over me. "You're really awake!"

"No shit Sherlock. It'd be kinda hard to look at you and hold a conversation with you if I wasn't."

He gently laid his palm against the side of my face. "I've missed your attitude."

A blush started to creep onto my cheeks. A thought slammed into me and I froze. "How long have I been out?"

"About 24 hours. You used up almost all of your energy. Your body essentially had to shut down to recuperate."

"What about Night?" His hand slipped away from my cheek as he turned away from me.

"Blade. Tell me what happened. Now." I glared at the back of his head, willing him to answer.

He turned back to face me. "The teachers were on their way after him as I brought you in. They were never able to find him. Mrs. Abendroth never came back. Neither did Ms. M. The school is in chaos right now trying to get resettled. They haven't found out anyone else working for Night. They've been waiting for you to wake up Shea."

"Well I don't know what the fuck I'm supposed to do. I can't even sit up on my own right now."

"They want to talk to you about what to do. You're the one who knows him best. And you're the elite of your grade. The school is using the elite to manage everything right now."

"Right. Because I can do a whole hell of a lot while lying in a fucking BED!" A monitor next to me starting beeping loudly.

"Shea, you need to calm down. I don't think your body can handle his much stress right now." He placed a hand on my shoulder, as if that would get me to calm down.

"Shut up! My body will be fine. What else is going on? Is everyone else ok?"I shot up and sat straight up. "Are Ayden and Lexie ok?"

I saw Blade mouth the words, "They'll be ok" as pain ripped through my body. Once again I was engulfed in the dark.

When I came to again, I was staring back up at the stark white ceiling.

"Your body is fine huh?"

"I said will be," I muttered back.

"To answer your earlier question, they'll both be ok. They were both pretty beat up, but they're on the road to recovery now."

I looked over at him. "Thank you."

He smiled back at me. "Of course Shea."

He opened his mouth to speak again when a doctor came bustling in.

"My. Krypto I'm going to have to ask you to leave. I need to check on Ms. Night."

Blade nodded and gave my hand a squeeze before leaving the room.