DIMF CONTEST ENTRY: Death Revealed

I absolutly love DIMBFF series so I entered this contest. I found DIMBFF a long time ago and I loved it. I'd originally seen it a lot here on wattpad but I don't like to read things when I see them a lot but one day, I just gave in to see what all the fuss was about and I've been hooked since. It's my favorite story here on wattpad because it's funny, dark, and mysterious. I have to say that Death's character is part of the reason why I love this so much. I love the characters too because they've developed since the series first started and aren't whiny (a big turn off for me). This story is one of the reasons why I created an account here.

Oh, and I don't cuss so where they are there will just be the first letter. I know this won't win but it was fun to write!

DIMF Contest

I was running for my life. I couldn't believe I'd actually done that. And to Death! I had to get out of here but there was nowhere else to run. Seeing a door with the words staff stairwell printed on it I darted for it. Dropping the gun, I pushed it open and ran up it.

What was I thinking? He was going to kill me and now I'd never know why I was so important to everyone. Heck, I'd never know anything besides what I already do. Although it had been a good way to distract him. I thought back to when I'd soaked the bullets in the holy water from the sink. It wouldn't do much damage, granted, I'd known that but it would slow him down.

"Oh, Cupcake!" I heard his voice sneer. "You know you can't hide from me; you can't run either." I pushed myself to go faster up the stairs. Heading to the roof of Devin and Son wasn't a good idea but, hey at least it was something rather than hiding in the supply closet. "Come out, come out where ever you are! I'll give you a treat" His voice rang out playfully.

God, he was toying with me! Some treat that would be, getting my insides ripped out. I heard a loud bang on the wall next to me. Letting out a small shriek, I stumbled. I heard his ghostly chuckle ring throughout the stairwell. It suddenly occurred to me that he was herding me like cattle to the roof. What was he going to do, push me off the ledge? But he couldn't, could he? I mean he was my guardian angel, right? Guardian angels were supposed to protect you weren't they? I had a feeling that he wouldn't care about that fact.

I could see the exit door to the roof about twelve steps up. A somewhat relieved smile made its way to my lips. I tried to push it open but it wouldn't budge. "Like my trick, Hope?" His voice whispered into my ear, his cloak brushing the back of my bare calves. Whirling around, I saw he wasn't there. The jerk was driving me crazy. He couldn't kill me, no but he could torture me and that enough was alone to drive me to shoot him. He'd already been torturing me since the day I met him but it could still get worse. It could always get worse with him. He'd just proved that hours ago.

Stay strong. I repeated. He can't kill you. Never let him see how scared you are.

I was well and truly scared. After the past few events over this exhausting week I'd just wanted to go back to how life was in high school, before everything had gone downhill. Before I'd met him and he'd ruined my life.

Turning around, I sucked in a huge breath and willed my voice to be steady. "I hate you." Lie. "I hate you Death, you've ruined my life and you won't even tell me why!" I shouted, all the while using the hair pin Marcy had put in earlier to try and pick the lock. "It's my birthday and you won't even give me today for myself." My voice was starting to shake.

I heard his footsteps pounding of the stairs. "I pulled you away from you little party because there were demons there, Faithy-poo." Ice ran through my veins. Everyone I loved was there and there were demons there?