Crutch

Crutch

By: Katelynn Savage

I'm running as fast as I can, panting, as my feet slamming against the stone ground. I'm so tired, but I can't stop. I run into a big room, that's completely black, the cold damp stone pressed against my feet. A light that's shining on a glass case slowly brightens to life, with a boy inside the box, his hands pressed against the glass. The boy has one grey eye and one blue eye, As I slowly make my way closer, I notice exactly who it is, my eyes widen, and I feel as if I'm about to puke. "Justin!" I shriek, taking off in fast attempt to get to him, slamming my hands against the glass, looking around, for something to break the glass with, my eyes wide with fear and adrenaline, Justin starts to scream for me, but I can't hear his voice, I can't hear him, everything is deathly quiet.

"Baby?! Baby I can't hear you!" I scream, tears brimming my eyes, looking down, I notice the glass case beginning to fill with a red fluid, rich, maroon, red, It only takes me a moment to realize that it's not just any Liquid. It's Blood. "No! NO! No!" I Scream, starting to punch the glass, trying to shake the container. "Justin!" I slide my hands into my hair, holding my head, trying to stay calm, tears streaming down my flushed face, looking up at Justin, seeing him yelling.

Watching as the blood slowly comes up over his knees, up his thighs and to his waist, Panting, I back up slightly, running at the container, slamming my shoulder against it, screaming. "Please.. Please..." I Beg, screaming, crying, slamming my hands against the container, looking up into Justin's eyes. "I'm not Strong Enough! Justin, Please! Please Don't Leave me like this!" Justin doesn't move just looks into my eyes, I close my eyes tightly, putting my forehead to the glass, screaming, gripping the sides of the glass container, opening my eyes once more, watching as the blood comes up over his face, submerging him.

"JUSTIN!" I Scream, falling to my knees, sliding my hands into my hair, putting my forehead to the ground, "Take me! Just Kill me! Please! Just Kill me!" I scream.

I can hear my alarm going off, singing "We Like It Loud" By Sleeping With Sirens, turning over, I turn off the Alarm, looking up at the ceiling, swallowing, wiping the tears from my face, shaking my head, sliding off my twin size bed. I walk to the bathroom, looking in the mirror at the dark circles under my eyes, sighing heavily, I walk to the bathroom, sitting on the side of it, wincing, feeling my head. Confused, pulling my hand away, looking at the blood on my hand, seeing blood on my hand, clenching my Jaw, changing quickly and walking back to my room. Pulling back my covers seeing some of my hair, covered in blood, laying on my pillow, looking down at my hands, shaking my head.

"Kate?!" Katlin yells, blinking at her, raising an eyebrow as Katlin watches me, tilting her head. "Are you okay? Do you not feel good?"

Making a confused face, I look over at the Kids, running around the playground, shaking my head. "No, I'm... Fine? I just must have spaced out." Nodding picking up one of the children, Looking at her, looking into her brown eyes, smiling. "And what are you doing?" The girl giggling, bouncing in Kate's lap.

Katlin, smiling, watching me then clearing her throat; "So this guy?" Katlin nudges me softly, raising an eyebrow.

Rolling my eyes, groaning, setting down the little girl, letting her run across the small play area, looking over at Katlin, "You mean, Gary?"

"No, I mean fucking Casper!" Katlin laughs, shaking her head, standing up from her chair, looking down at me, with the Talk or I'll kill you look in her eyes.