Eastside House for Prostitutes

*NOTE this is dedicated to LuckySoccer for voting for this story like five minutes after I posted it!!!! Love ya!!!

Yes, you can hate me. I started yet another story. Sorry, but because I currently have three other stories, I probably will update this every once in a while. Yes, summer is coming up, but I have old friends to visit and probably will very seldom be on the computer.

If you like this story enough, just let me know and I will update more frequently, but right know I'm thinking I will get to this story once or twice a month.....*sigh*.... anyway..... had an urge to write a story about prostitutes, so here you go......

Enjoy!!!!!

BTW, setting - America

Time - Early 1920

**************************************************************************************************************

Its cold. I see snow. I pull my knees up to my chest and tell myself mummy will find me soon. I feel a tear on my cheek. Angry at myself I wipe it away instantly. I promised mommy I would be strong.

I rest my head on the wall I am cuddled up against. I always get so tired when its cold out. I close my eyes and let the snowflakes melt on my skin. I'm too cold to move. I don't even move when the wind starts to throw snow at my face.I just curl up tighter and think of the warmth of mommy's hugs until I fall asleep.

The wind stopped. I hear voices. I freeze. Why are people so close to me? I know I should open my eyes, but I try to hear what they are saying. Are they the bad people mommy warned my about?

"Is she dead?" I hear one voice say over me.

I feel warm a breath on my neck. "No, she still breathing." The girl keeps her face close to mine. I can feel her stare.

Then I hear a sweet singsong voice. "It's okay sweetie. We're not going to hurt you. If you can hear us why don't you open your eyes?" I feel a warm hand touch my frozen skin.

Slowly I open my eyes. I gasp. I see four of the most beautiful girls in the world kneeling around me. They look concerned. I hope I haven't worried such pretty girls, I bet they have a lot of better things to do with their time then fuss over a small girl like me.

"Your all so pretty!" I croak. I realize I havn't spoken since the last time I saw mommy.

They all start laughing. The one with the singsong voice grabs my arm and helps me sit up out of the snow. "I guess you could say its part of our job to look pretty."

"Oooh. Well I bet your very good at your job." I say in awe of these girls.

She chuckles lightly before saying, "I guess I am."

Another girl laughs, "Oh Charlotte, don't be modest! We all know you get payed the most."

"Charlotte!" I exclaim. She turns her head towards me. "Its such a beautiful name!"

This makes them all laugh again until a girl in the back sequels. "Oh, she so cute! Can we keep her?!"

"Ya, another girl accompanies her. "Can we Charlotte?"

These girls look younger than Charlotte, she must watch over them. Charlotte sighs and looks back at me. "Can you tell me exactly what you were doing out here sweetie?"

"I was waiting for my mommy." I tell her.

She looks worried. "And how long have you been waiting for your mom?"

I think a second. Its been a long time. I think back to the last time I saw her face. "It was raining," I tell Charlotte. "And the leaves were colourful."