The Calm Before: The Storm (Book One of the Storm Series)

~Prologue~

Sensing she was being followed, Kela starts walking faster in the direction of her parents house.

As she turned the corner onto her street she began to break into a run; not daring to look behind her. Her heart pounded in her ears as she picked up speed, her eyes locked on her house at the end of the street; her safe haven. The hairs on the back of her neck stood on end accompanied by the feeling of eyes watching her.

It's not until she runs up the steps to the great door of her parents place does she finally turn around. Giving a once over glance around her street, she notices a familiar Corvette 427 convertable parked outside.

Pushing open the large white front door, she begins her ascent up the long, winding staircase taking them two at a time.

"Uncle John...Uncle John!" she calls out.

Entering the main hall at the top of the stairs, she is greeted by a tall man with tanned skin, messy brown hair and the same grey/silver coloured eyes as hers.

"Uncle John!!" she cries running towards the man's opened arms.

"Hey there kiddo, how have you been?" Her uncle replies enveloping his teenage niece into a hug.

"Ok, i guess. However i could have sworn i was being followed a minute ago as i was coming home." She replies. I'm sure it was nothing though." she assures him.

John begins to inspect his niece to make sure she's ok. Once satisfied that she isnt hurt in any physical way; he begins to ponder on how he will tell this perky young girl in front of him the bad news.

"Did you know that Madame Saffron announced me as one of the influential girls in school today..." Kela begins.

"Kela i have something to tell you..." Her uncle begins. "Your Parents a-are erm..."

"Yes..." she says, looking at her uncle questionably.

"Erm I-I d-don't know how else to say this but...Kela your parents have gone missing..."