The Broken Snow Globe

The snow swirled around, surrounding the darkness of the beautiful black fairy inside the new snow globe. Rosalie had just received this snow globe from her elderly grandmother who lived in Colmar. Since Rosalie was the most responsible of the grandchildren, her grandmother gave her this snow globe which contained the world's evilest fairy, Maurelle. However, Rosalie only knew that the snow globe held a dark force. Maurelle could be released if the snow globe ever broke, so Rosalie was told that she had to extra careful with it.

"Rose, can I please hold your new snow globe?" Rosalie's little brother Jacques asked when they made it home to their exquisite mansion in the middle of Paris.

"No, Jacques, and please don't call me Rose," Rosalie replied.

'Why not?"

"This snow globe is extremely fragile and precious which means it's vital that it doesn't break," Rosalie explained as she put the snow globe on the top shelf of her snow globe collection so that Jacques couldn't reach it or break it.

Later, Rosalie went to bed. While she was sleeping, she had a dream. Jacques had taken a footstool to the place that Rosalie kept all of her snow globes. He stepped on the stool and picked up her new snow globe. He shook the snow globe around wildly and then accidentally dropped it!

Suddenly there was a crash from downstairs. Rosalie left her bed, put on her robe and ran downstairs.

"What's going on down here? Oh no, you didn't!" Rosalie exclaimed as she looked around. Because downstairs she saw the exact scene that she saw in her dream.

"I wanted to hold your new snow globe so badly, but you wouldn't let me. So after you went to bed, I grabbed a footstool, climbed on top of it and picked up your new snow globe. However, when I was shaking it around, I accidentally dropped it," Jacques explained. Suddenly, green mist appeared all around the pieces of broken glass.

"What's happening?" Jacques asked as he stepped closer to his sister.

"A dark force is being released!" Rosalie yelled as the mist continued to grow. When it was all gone, a tall, thin, pale woman with long black hair and an evil face appeared. She was wearing an elegant dress the same color as her hair.

"Who are you?" Jacques asked the evil looking woman that came from the snow globe.

"I am Maurelle, the World's Evilest Fairy!" the woman exclaimed.

"This is why I don't allow you to touch my snow globes," Rosalie told Jacques, her voice quiet.

"Now that I am free, I can take over the world!" Maurelle said as more green mist appeared around her. When the fog was gone, Maurelle was gone as well.

"Look, she left a wand behind!" Jacques pointed out.

"I heard that most evil fairies have a staff and a wand," Rosalie explained.

"Why do they have both?" Jacques asked.

"They start out with a wand; however when they master the art of magic, they receive a more powerful staff. So maybe by using this wand, we can stop Maurelle before she takes over," Rosalie replied as she picked up Maurelle's old wand. As she waved it around, she cast a spell that would take both her and Jacques to where Maurelle went.

"What are you going to do now?" Jacques asked after he looked around the place Rosalie had taken them (which was the bottom of the Eiffel Tower).

"According to a book I read, when Maurelle is released, she will cast a mighty spell that will summon every single wicked witch, evil fairy, and warlock that ever lived-even the ones that died many years ago- so they could take over the world together. I think that if we can find a way to get Maurelle back into her snow globe, we can stop her," Rosalie explained. The two looked up and saw Maurelle was at the very top of the Eiffel Tower, ready to cast her evil spell!

Rosalie waved the wand and cast a spell to have all of the pieces of the snow globe that contained Maurelle put back together in her hand. With the repaired snow globe she and Jacques ran up the stairs of the Eiffel Tower.

"What's your plan now, Rose?" Jacques asked while they were climbing up the stairs.

"Jacques, enough with the nicknames!" Rosalie exclaimed.

"Sorry, so what is the plan?"

"Once we get to the top, you hold the pieces of the snow globe, and I'll cast a spell to send Maurelle back where she belongs," Rosalie replied as they continued to the top of the tower. By the time they were there, Maurelle was beginning to cast her spell. Jacques held out the pieces of the snow globe while Rosalie recited the spell.

"Maurelle, Fairy of Darkness, your wrath can't burn, so go back to the snow globe and never return!" Rosalie chanted as she waved the wand. The green mist slowly grew around Maurelle as she was brought back into the snow globe. When all of the green smoke was inside of the snow globe along with Maurelle, Jacques closed it up tightly, Rosalie and Jacques went home, and Maurelle was never seen again.

The End