Love Occurs

"It's been 20 minutes", Aarav stares at his watch and tells himself,  ... And she isn't here yet!" "Why does she keep promising to keep coming early when she knows, she won't be able to come!" He murmurs, pulling out his pair of headphones from his jacket's pocket, connects to his phone's jack, and searches for a track, to suit the mood. "Ah! This one! It just might lighten my mood"  

Aarav and Atreyi are best friends, at least they referred to themselves as one. Being from an Indian background, the relationship of different gender best-friends was not often accepted. Most of their friends tease them, saying that they love each other, but they proudly answer back, "Oh c'mon, we do love each other, but as best friends!"  

Aarav had been just murmuring to the tunes of one of his favorite playlist's song, when his friend, Manish, waves at him, "Sir here yet?" Aarav, shakes his head, side by side, and whispers to himself "Neither she! Sigh!"  

"So, what happened in school today? Anything interesting?", Aarav says to Manish, as he walks up to him.  

"You have no idea, what you've missed! Three free periods!" 

"By the way, why so early for tuition?" 

"Was bored at home, Mom chased me out, as I was going to sleep anyway! Too bored, after spending the whole day at home!" 

Aarav and Manish were just talking on school matters, as Sir gets down from the auto-rickshaw. 

"Hola Sir! Got our papers?" 

"Excited eh?" replies Dinesh sir, as he walks up to them with a bundle of papers. 

"No one else here yet?" 

"Nah! Just the two of us!" replies Manish with a smile. 

"See boys, your batch is a sharp one! I've a lot of expectations from you guys next year, don't let me down," Dinesh sir, looks at Manish.  

Manish was an exceptional student, He managed to get a good 80/90 in the SA-1, scoring the highest marks, when most of the students were whining over the tough question paper. Aarav, also did well with a 76.  

Dinesh sir, was just praising his self-maintained coaching center, as Atreyi comes, on her scooter. She gives Aarav a smile, telling him sorry, for being late. Aarav tries his best to ignore her. Slowly all others start coming in.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As everyone enters the class, Atreyi goes in fast, and waits for Aarav near the room entrance. "Sorry, toh! I got late while having my lunch" says Atreyi as Aarav slowly comes in, giving him a cute smile as he enters in. She knew, it could bring down his anger instantly.  

"Did I even say anything?" "Now let me get in!"  

Atreyi moves away and goes and sits in the seat just in front of Aarav. "You still angry na?"

"Was I ever able to remain angry with you?" Says Aarav as he winks at her. 

"By the way, what's with that bundle, in sir's hand?" 

"Oh, it's you can say, a problem, answer scripts, corrected!" 

"Shit! If mom comes to know, I'm gone" Atreyi whispers as Dinesh sir opens up the bundle. 

"Manish 15... Rajiv 8... out of 27" says sir, as he distributes the papers. 

"Shit, I'm sure to get a single digit" Atreyi says to Neha, who sits just near her. 

"Karan 13 ... Neha 15..."  

Aarav speaks in Atreyi's ear, in a way Neha can hear it," Nah! You'll get atleast 12," "... You copied three sums from me!"