I've Been Waiting For you

My heart is literally broken by the girl I loved, because she got a boyfriend.

“Look, look I made it! It’s my valentines present to Jaime!” she said happily to me.

“What a dumb thing to make.” I tried to show my boredom to cover up the jealousy I'm feeling.

“Heh, heh. Isn’t it nice? Oh, and by the way, you're more dumb.” she sticks her tongue out to annoy me but I just fount it cute. Made me wanna kiss her.

I got up and held her cheeks.

"Hmm... Nathan? What's wrong? Is there something on my face." She said confused but she looked pretty nervous.

And so I restrained myself. Again. For the nth time. Instead of kissing her, I just pinched both of her cheeks.

"Nothing's on your face. Just the usual hideous one. Oh and it’s not nice at all.” then I stick my tongue also and got back to her bed to continue my reading.

"But I wonder if he’ll like it.” She turned around to continue her work.

So I’m being ignored? It sure is lonely. All she thinks about is that jerk boyfriend of her. She won’t even look at me anymore. Well, I guess this day had to come. I did thought it would. And it was my one-sided love from the start. But… I’m the one who came into her life first… so why?

Flashback:

“Look, Medley, we have a new neighbor. Be good friends with him okay?” said her mom while I hide behind her mother's legs.

“U-uhm… n-nice to meet y-you…” I said shyly. I couldn’t stop myself from stuttering.

“Yaaay! Nice to meet you!” she said and smiled brightly at me.

From then on, we were always together, we would play together in the mud, we would get in trouble together, and then we would comfort each other.

“Oh noooo! I won’t make it in time! And tomorrow is already Valentines day!”

I wonder where they went to? We walked by the river together hundreds of times, didn’t we? Those fading happy moments…

“Oh yes, you better come home already, Nathan. It’s almost midnight. Your parents will get worried at you.” She stands up and pushed me outside her room until we got outside their house.

“Come on, you should go home now. Take care in going home!” she waved her hand at me.

“Dummy!” I hit her on the head.

“Ouch!” she held her head. “What was that for?!” she asked angrily.

“We’re just neighbors. You don’t need to get worried.”

“But even so…” she pouted.

I pat her head and messed her already messy hair.

 “Bye then…” I turned around and waved at her.

“Bye bye!”

It’s already 3:00 in the morning, and I haven’t even slept for 5 minutes. Since I can’t sleep, I’ve decided to take a little peek at Medley. I can't help but get worried for that dummy. My room is just in front of hers. I’ll only need to climb the tree between our house and I can already see her. When I got on one of the branches in the tree, I noticed that the light in her room is still on. What the hell! She is still making that present?

“Just a little more, just a little mooore!” she was already rubbing her eyes. It's clear that she's already dead tired and sleepy.

She’s even knitting even though she is clumsy. I’m too jealous of that Jaime…