Chapter 2

Doing every last bit of research I could to make sure my history report was perfect, I fell asleep. Most of the time history isn't boring, that's basically what my 'gift' circles around. Most of the time learning some history helps me out a little bit. Tonight on the other hand it’s not. Maybe if I could travel to Spain and visit the places where all this occurred but sadly I can’t visit there.

.

.

.

The next morning was a complete drag. I basically slept at my computer last night, was up and down all night, and ended up going to school late. I still had time to turn in my paper though.

.

.

When my last class ended I meet Scott and walked out to his car. I can drive, I’m not a moocher, but I don’t have a car of my own. Plus riding with him after school is less lonely, it gives me someone to talk to. Honestly if I were to drive alone I would probably get easily distracted.  

Scott was quietly driving through town with the radio on. Nothing was really going on and no one was really talking. It was just him and I in the car anyway.

“Rylie, was your day boring too?” He asked eventually. Maybe everyone’s day was a drag. The reason might have been because it’s Monday.

“Yeah, it was. My morning was rough too.”

He cut his eye over at me, “why?”

I let out a sigh, “I was up finishing Baker’s paper.”  He nodded, “ah”

.

.

.

Later, when Scott dropped me off at home, and stole a poptart. I walked in the kitchen and opened the cabinet under the sink to get a pot. When I finally got my hand on the one I wanted I filled it up with water from the sink and put it on the stove. I turned the eye of the stove on and waited for the water to start boiling. While I was waiting I picked up the remote and turning on the TV, my favorite show was on. Ghost Adventures, I believe this is an episode I’ve seen already honestly. Turning back around to open the pantry above the countertop to get spaghetti noodles down. I opened the box and took all the noodles out and broke them in half. I stuck them in the pot of boiling water and was almost done. I waited for a commercial break as I leaned against the counter. When the commercial break came on I went back to the pantry and got the jar of sauce and put it in a smaller pot on the stove.

.

.

I ate alone that night, no one came home until nine or later. I washed my dishes and packed the food up but left it on the stove for the next person.

.

.

I got in the shower. It was a relatively quick one and then I went to bed. I read a little bit before drifting off to sleep but once I did I wished I hadn’t.

.

.

.

There was a black Prius and another car I couldn’t see well. The Prius was speeding and the other one, it looks to be red, was trying to get out of the way of it, I still don’t know who’s in either car. This road seems never ending. Wait, these cars are racing each other! This road is familiar too, it’s one of the ones near Abel’s house, The cars keep going faster and faster. There’s a curb on this road, more like a sharp curve going straight down, then there’s nothing but trees if you’re not on the road. Exactly where the red car was headed. There was the sound of brakes screeching, impact, metal crushing, and then there was nothing just silence. The person in the red car couldn’t get out. They had locked their brakes up by slamming on them so hard and went straight towards the trees and the car was lodged between two of them. The black Prius kept going but not before I saw who it was. Eston.