Across The Way

"Dad I hate it here, can you not see that?" I said viscously whilst standing up from the couch.

"You've barely been here for 3 hours. You need to give it time!" He replied calmly.

"Urgh" I stormed up to my room, annoyed at my dad. It had been 3 months since mum left us and he was just okay with it!

I should probably tell you a little about myself. I'm Delilah, I am 17 years old, I have wavy black hair reaching the bottom of my back, emerald green eyes, and I'm on the shorter side of the height scale. My dad just decided to pack up and leave our small town to live in the big city of London!

When I got upstairs I lay on my bed looking at all the boxes of stuff. I lay there thinking of all my friends and family I'd left behind at home and how I'd miss them.

After having lay there for about 8 minutes I dragged myself off the bed and began unpacking the full boxes, observing the many things I had collected over the last 17 years of my life.

Two hours later the previously full boxes were now empty and stacked in the corner of my room near the door. I wandered over to the large window overlooking London, it was bustling with life.

My dad then knocked on my door, "I'm popping to the shop to get some bits and bobs for dinner. Is there anything you fancy?" He asked.

"No I'm fine with whatever! Thanks dad!" I replied back.

About half an hour after my dad had left there was a knocking at the apartment door. I walked out of my room and over to the door where I looked through the peep hole. Stood there was a tall blonde haired boy about the same age as me with a nervous look on his face. I quickly opened the door having decided he wasn't going to kill me.

"Erm...hey..." the mysterious boy said looking rather surprised by the fact I wasn't an adult.

"Hey...was there something you wanted to ask or...?" I asked, then realising after I had said it that I sounded quite rude. "Sorry...I didn't mean to be rude! You came over what was it that you wanted?"

"Oh it's fine erm, I just wanted to welcome you to the flat. Me and a few mates live across the corridor, and we just wanted you to know that if you need anything we're happy to help!" He said anxiously.

"Oh, thanks." I said surprised at his offer. For a boy my age he seemed nicer than most lads!

"Well, I guess I'll see you around."

"Yeah, see you around!"

The tall stranger turned round and started heading back to his flat.

"Wait!" I shouted after him. He turned round abruptly upon hearing my cry. "I didn't catch your name..."

"Oh yeah, haha, er, Tristan." He said looking rather embarrassed but carried on to extend out his arm.

"Delilah" I said taking Tristan's hand in mine and shaking it.

As I watched, Tristan turned and went back into his room, where I could hear laughter and cheers as he walked back in.

Not too long after my dad walked back through the door holding five bags full of food. I rushed over to help him put everything away. After doing so dad started dinner which was pasta with a tomato and basil sauce.

We sat down to eat at the table.

"A boy from across the way came over. He said if we need any help he and his flat mates are happy to help." I told dad just incase he was wondering what I did in the hour he was gone.

"Ah how kind, did you get a name?" He asked inquisitively.

"Er, yeah, he's called Tristan."

We then talked and finished our meals, after which I washed the dishes and went to my room. I put on my pyjamas and then went on Facebook on my laptop.

At 10:30 I decided it was time to try and sleep. I'd like to get to know Tristan more he seemed nice and I want to meet his flat mates.

----------------------------------------------

Hey guys I hope you're enjoying my fan fiction. This is my first story so any feed back would be appreciated! I'm planning to release a new episode every night!

This chapter was mainly just a bit of info on how she came to meet Tristan.

Thanks Fin! <3