Chapter One

"Taylor, we're getting a new supply teacher!" Hailee squealed as she ran into the common room.

Everyone looked at her and just rolled their eyes. This was normal for Hailee. I've no idea how we even became friends. She barrelled straight into me where I sat on one of the old sofas.

"Taylor, aren't you listening to me?" she asked, mouth right by my ear.

"Yes, I'm listening," I said, rolling my eyes and pushing her away.

"Good," she grinned as she sat beside me. "I hope he's really hot... He's so going to be hot; all supply teachers are."

"Hailee, my dad's a supply teacher," I reminded her.

She paused and her face screwed up. "Okay, so maybe not all, but most. Probably."

"Mrs Foster will be gone on maternity for a few months," I pointed out. "You'd best try and hold in your excitement."

"English will be fun," Mackenzie snorted in amusement as he dropped onto the sofa in front of us.

"At least we don't need to worry so much about failing," Hailee pointed out with a little laugh.

Mrs. Foster was a lovely woman and we all enjoyed her lessons but she wasn't such a great teacher. She kept losing our homework papers and all of that.

"I got a D last year so I really need a good grade this year," Hailee grumbled.

She'd been too infatuated with her boyfriend at the time to focus on studying and he broke up with her the night before our English exams so she just about scraped through with a D. She'd broken down in tears when she'd got her results, and her dad had all but refused to speak with her for a good couple days.

"Well, we have English first thing," I said, glancing up at the clock, "and we best get going."

I stood, picking up my English folder and books. The others stood too and followed me out of the common room and towards the English block on the other side of the school.

"Shit," I hissed, stopping in the hall when I realised I'd left my maths stuff upstairs in the common room. I'd have to go and get it unless I wanted to be late to the next lesson. "You go ahead and save me a seat, I'll meet you there."

"Alright," Mackenzie said and grabbed Hailee's arm before she could complain and follow me all the way back. She was prone to doing that.

I turned and started to head back the way we came but someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards them suddenly. All of my stuff fell to the ground with a clatter, drowning out my panicked gasp.

Suddenly pressed against a wall, I felt a body pressing me further into it.

"Where do you think you're going, Taylor?" a slightly slurred voice said. Suddenly a wet kiss was pressed to my neck, making me shiver slightly before I tried to push him away from me.

"Get off me, Garry," I hissed, sure he wasn't listening one bit. "Garry! Off!"

I managed to shove him hard enough to get him off me. Garry stumbled back but unfortunately managed to catch himself before he could fall.

"What do you think you're doing, whore?" he snapped at me and I flinched, bracing for a punch.

"I'm getting you off me. You need to keep away from me. This is long over," I said, managing to keep the tremble out of my voice.

"It's not really though, is it? You're such a slut, you want me so badly," he slurred, trying to move closer to me again. I ducked out of the way quickly, watching him catch himself on the wall with his hand against it.