By Your Side (Larry Stylinson One Shot AU Dead!Louis)

Not much to say. Just sad, I hope. This is shortish.

Enjoy.

Louis walked along the pavement through the crowd. It was Friday afternoon, the traffic was busy - on the streets and on the pavement.

He turned around the corner when he suddenly heard screams and bangs.

The crowd went into panic, Louis in the middle of everything. Being pushed around between the people. More bangs. People fell. Blood splattered the ground.

Louis noticed a girl crying on the ground, visibly terrified. Louis knelt down and quickly took her into his arms, he could imagine how she felt.

The girl clutched his shirt in tiny fista and Louis held her gently, like he did to his sisters when they were scared.

He heard another bang and suddenly felt a sharp pain exploding in his ribcage. He heard screams as he sank to the ground as exhaustion took over him. He closed his eyes as pain and sounds faded away.

******

Louis woke up a bit later, still lying on the pavement. Why the hell did no-one bring him away or anything?

Louis stood up and turned around and stood right facing a boy's back. A boy with curly hair. Louis smiled. Harry was here!

"Hey, Harry, why are you here?" he asked.

Harry didn't react to him, just kept staring forwards. Louis walked around and gasped when he saw Harry crying. In his arms was their little boy Jamie, his blue eyes big and teary.

"Daddy, why won't Papa wake up? He always wakes up when I call him," Jamie whimpered.

Harry stared at their son, a perfect mix out of them. It had been a rather big shock for them when Harry ended up pregnant, but they had a baby boy, all they had ever wanted.

"Sweetpea ..." Harry mumbled with a broken voice. "Papa won't wake up. Ever. He's gone. He's at a better place now."

Jamie stared at Harry before he held his father's shirt in his small fists and buried his face in his neck. Harry rocked back an forth, trying to calm him even though his tears didn't stop either.

"Harry, what are you talking about? I'm right here!"

That was when Louis looked a bit around and his eyes stopped at a young man lying on a stretcher. A bullet hole in his side, eyes closed and skin pale.

"No," Louis mumured as he stumbled to the body. "No, no, no! This can't be me! I'm okay, I'm not dead!"

"I'm sorry to tell you, but you are,"

Louis turned around to the voice to see a man standing there, fully clothed in white.

"Who are you?" Louis asked him.

"You don't know me, but my name is Lucas. You're dead, Louis, I'm sorry. It was far too early, but God couldn't do anything against it. It was your fate."

With teary blue eyes Louis stared at his husband and son. "What will happen now?"

"You'll be stuck on earth until your funeral. Then you will have a test, and if you pass, you'll be brought to Heaven. Otherwise you have one month to find Harry someone else."

Louis swallowed. Never. Even though he was dead, he was still the same jealous and possesive husband/boyfriend he always was.

"Alright," he said, looking at Harry and Jamie again.

~Time Skip~

Louis watched how his coffin was set down in the grave. He stood next to Harry who held Jamie. The young boy was holding a white rose in his hands and had tears in his - Louis' - blue eyes.