Breathe|DanHowell

This was it. I was finally leaving home. I was going to move to London.

I smiled to myself as I let happy thoughts fill my mind, not turning my head once to look back.

It's not like I wanted to look back anyway, I was leaving my horrid past behind me and starting again.

I sighed as I watched people hug each other, telling each other to not forget them. I wish I had that. Someone that would care about me, someone that could hold me and wipe away my tears when I'm upset but of course I'd never have that- I was incapable of being loved.

I watched as the train entered the station, puffs of smoke fading into the air. Taking a deep breath, I stepped on. I pushed my way through the crowded carriages and found my seat next to the window. As the train started moving, I started to notice how dark it was already. He probably wouldn't notice I was gone until the morning, when he came home drunk with a girl much younger than him, clinging to his arm.

Sighing, I closed my eyes. What if he finds me? What will I do then? I shook my head, hoping that it would also shake away the thoughts. My mother always told me not to think about the what ifs and just go for it. But of course, she wasn't here now, Thanks to him. The slighest thought of him made me boil with anger. He was a good for nothing liar and I never had to see him again. Never.

I was about to turn around when someone screamed and something crashed to the floor with a very loud thud.

The brown-haired stranger slowly proceeded to pull himself up like nothing had happened but I couldn't help but notice the slight limp he had when he walked forward.

He turned towards me and his brown eyes sparkled, "I'm so sorry, I-I fell and you was there and..." he rambled, "did I hurt you? Oh my god. I'm so sorry!"

I just smiled sheepishly, "You don't need to apologize, Im okay." I reassured him. He walked towards me and sat down quietly before muttering another quiet "sorry"

The next hour or so just consisted of him staring down at his phone, giggling every so often (yes, he actually giggled) whilst I stared out of the window in silence.

The peacefulness was soon broken when the most unusual thing happened- Dan (he told me his name) started singing, "Hey,"

"Hay is for horses." I whispered, not really paying attention.

"I know."

I spun around in my seat so I was facing him,"then why d-"

"I just met you,"

"wow really?  I didn't noti-"

"and this is crazy,"

"stop singing please."

''I'm sorry."

I watched him silently as he smacked his forehead and scowled at the phone. Just as I turned my head away, I heard another loud smack. What now?

Dan threw his phone on the table and turned to me, "Can I have your number?"

"I-uh..." My number? I don't have a number! "I cant." I lied.

His smile slowly faded as he whispered something to himself.

Guilt instantly washed over me, "Can I have yours?"

Dan smiled hopefully as he passed me a piece of paper with a few digits on it.

The rest of the journey was silent and neither of us exchanged words. This was going to be a long day.

♪♥•°♪♥•° ♪♥•°♪♥•° ♪♥•°♪♥•° ♪♥•°♪♥•°