Catalina was proud of her looks and well aware that she was extremely lucky. Her mother, after having eight children, still wore the same size clothing she had worn when she got married. The Reyes women kept their looks as they aged, if Juanita was any indicator, and Catalina was pleased to observe that both Rosa and Teresa also were still slim and attractive, if slightly curvier than they had been before motherhood. With a minimum of effort in the gym, and minimal attention paid to what she ate and drank, Catalina still looked much younger than her age, and used that to full advantage to capture the attention of any man she might desire.

Getting a man's attention was never a problem for her. The problem was that she got bored with them so easily. She sighed once again, faced with what had been a recurring problem for her since she had first discovered the joy of sex with a fellow teenager when she was seventeen. She had learned all that she could from the boy she chose to give her virtue to, then she had abruptly dropped him, to date his college-aged brother. After that she had never looked back, and had spent the past almost twenty years enjoying herself with any man that caught her eye. She could count on one hand the number of times she had felt any serious connection with any man, and those were usually men that she was friends with, and not hitting the sheets with. She loved all of her brothers, and was good friends with her sisters' husbands. She had male cousins that she hung out with, and with all of the men she was related to, she was capable of deep and introspective talking. She was their expert on female psychology, and she took great delight in making the inner workings of the female mind understandable to them, in return for them explaining how the other half thought.

When her mother and sisters asked her if she ever thought about getting married, she would smile and tell them that she was busy kissing a lot of frogs to find her prince. That usually led to some good-natured teasing, and a lot of talking dirty, as they shared confidences in the way that only women did, with lots of details, and bragging about what skillful lovers their men were.

A chime from her computer now interrupted Catalina's reverie, as an instant message popped up in the corner of her screen. With interest, she leaned forward, only to be dismayed to see what it said:

"My office. Now. BBW."

Caught off-guard by the summons from her boss' boss, the owner and publisher of her paper, she momentarily reviewed her actions and behavior of late. She had not brought any criticism upon herself or her department with her recent writing...in fact, her boss had complimented her for her past two assignments, telling her that she was now consistently working up to her potential. He was glad that she gave his boss no reason to want to fire her anymore, so he didn't have to spend any time defending her.

Despite the publishing czar's oldest son being in his late twenties and drop-dead gorgeous, she had repeatedly over the years resisted the impulse to either respond to his advances, or seduce him, realizing that the owner of her company didn't really need a legitimate reason to fire her if he was unhappy with her. His capricious and blood-thirsty behavior had earned him the nickname that most workers at his papers did not know he was aware of. He only acknowledged to a few in his inner circle that he knew that his name, Wolfgang Stevenson, combined with his ruthlessness, had earned him the nickname: The Big Bad Wolf.

Once her boss had talked him into not firing her over some minor infraction of company rules, Catalina had been called into the corner penthouse office only a few more times. Each time he had sent a message via IM that she was to come alone, and then he had given her an assignment that he wanted done quietly and quickly...usually to destroy someone's reputation, or to debunk a rumor being passed around that involved someone close to the notorious Wolfgang Stevenson himself.