Dreams

At first it was beautiful; dreaming of wonders and dreaming of time that passes by. Things then become worse. My dreams then became real. And nothing was to be unexpected. 

Walking outside was never a fear of mine. Never feared meeting new people because recently I’ve been moving from city to city. Never worried about things coming out of nowhere. I never expected seeing what I saw that night but I guess I was wrong about that too. 

It was a dark night that started with a walk in the woods. I don’t know why I decided to take a walk that night but I believe it was because my conscience told me too. I mean I know murders had been happening in cities around mine but that didn’t seem to bother me. Actually nothing seemed to bother me anymore. 

The woods especially! The trees were beautiful. They looked down at me with worrying faces. Then the leaves began to grow down towards me and a figure appeared. At first I couldn’t quite make out who it was but then it realized; it was him. The only guy I have ever cared about; Pete. I thought it was him; he was there. He came close to me and whispered “it’s you” and then disappeared… Was I crazy? 

Was it just a hallucination? At first I thought he meant I was the one for him type thing and then I realized it had to be something real. It had to mean something, but I couldn’t understand. For the rest of my walk I thought about it… never figured it out though. I kept walking silently… the trees began to move and chills raced down my spine. The chills made me wobble. I began to twitch when out of nowhere I heard a scream.

“KINSEY!”

Oomph! I fell over something. It was to dark to see anything so I felt around. I smelt something… it smelt like… maybe something was dead? I hoped it was just an animal.  But I decided to check anyway. I pulled out my phone for a light… PETE! His face looked at me with despair and a way that asked for help but he was dead. I didn’t know what to do. I feared that calling an ambulance they would find me.  Then I look down at the knife in my hand and the blood on my shirt. It was me… 

I couldn’t live with the pain in knowing that it was me… And in an instant I woke up. But the leaves on my hand show me

It wasn’t just a dream.