Chapter 1

"Dad, I'm begging you. Please don't do this to me. Oh my gosh, please stop", I urged my dad who was currently dancing his way into my new school. If you think I'm kidding, I'm not.

"You know, I should walk you to school dancing."

My eyes opened and my head shot up. I knew if he had the chance he would. If and/or when he did, I'd lose all hope of being welcomed at this school. It wouldn't matter though.

I change school every few months so I never made any real friends. There was once a boy whom I got really attached to but, he changed schools the day before I did. I thought it was odd how one day he was there and then he left.

How ironic just like every one else in my life...just like my mother.

"Is she always this quiet?"

I was drawn out of my thought and looked up at a lady, maybe 28-ish. She looked at me, obviously annoyed with me already.

"Follow me",she said sternly as she walked away without waiting up for me.

I readjusted my backpack strap and sped to her side. It was awkward at first, until she broke the ice with a bit of conversation.

"Well let's not walk in complete silence. My name is Edina Rose but you will address me as Mrs.Rose. I am the assistant principal here at Statewood High. Here there are certain rules you must follow. I'm sure your familiar with your schedule, yes?"

I looked at her with confusion.

"No Mrs. No one gave me nothing, yet"

She handed me a paper and I took it.

"Well I'm sure glad you have English. They might teach you something useful. Well this is your schedule. You should be able to memorize it, since it's quite simple."

I looked down at the piece of paper. She was right, my schedule was easy. I pretty much had all the same classes the whole week except Thursday.

"Here is your class." Mrs.Rose pointed to a classroom to my right, then walked away without a word.

I stood there wondering if I should run for it or not. I decided that if I did my dad might take away pizza for a week. I just couldn't risk that.

When I walked in everyone just stared at me. I just walked my way to the nearest empty seat and threw myself down. After a while I felt something poking me. I turned to see a perky girl bouncing in her seat next to me. A little too perky I might add.

"Your name's Avery right ?"

"Yeah"

"Ooh! I've been waiting for you. I'm Kayla."

I completely ignored how weird that sounded and just stared at the floor.

"Well, aren't you going to say something."

"What do you expect me to say ?"

Eventually, the rest of that conversation went nowhere. She asked if I could hang out with her in lunch but I couldn't because I had go to the office to "report my experience so far." Whatever that meant, I had to do it.

Then it was time to go home and what a coincidence, Kayla lived two houses down from me.

Yay.

XOXOX

HIII!! So just if any one has noticed, the tags are wrong. I was going to write a one direction story but a different story came to me and this was created. I tried to fix them but it was too late. Also if anyone would like to create a cover for this story it would be appreciated.

Anyways if anyone reads these, thank you!!