Lake's End

"I don't want to go. I want to stay here."

Niall whined, willing to die for this decision. It was the worst experience of his life to go last year, and he absolutely couldn't stand not living in the city. "What have you got to do here anyway?" Maura, his mother, replied. There was a moment of silence to think.

Niall shook his head, "I have summer homework. How will I get those done if the whole summer is going to be spent there? No computer, no technology," he stated, tightly gripping onto the guitar's neck in his hand, that he was playing earlier. "Niall, your grandma was looking forward to this months back. She's already spent days getting your room ready for next week. You wouldn't want to disappoint an old lady."

     "Is Greg going to go?" Niall groaned, "If I'm going, he has to go." Hoping he was, because in his mind, spending time alone with two old people would be so boring. "Greg has a summer job this year."

     "Oh my god. Are you kidding me? Do you not feel bad for sending your own flesh and blood back into the nineteenth century? Think long and hard about it," Niall muttered.

     "I think it's a great idea! There'll be fresh air and you can go out more often, instead of sitting inside all day here. Your dad's driving you on Monday morning. Get packed, and no more excuses," Maura instructed. She quickly left the room, closing the door.

It was finally the summer of 2014; he thought he could have it all to himself. He thought maybe he would be able to hand out with his friends Harry, Josh, and Louis. That was a bust. He pushed the guitar aside on his bed and leaned against the wall. "There goes half my life, and all the plans I haven't made will be canceled."

          "Story of my fucking life." Niall threw his head back.