Chapter twenty-six

Chapter twenty-six
A

"Would you just come down here?" I ask Derek over the phone as I walk further away from the others in an effort to have them not hearing me

"It's pointless." He tells me as I sigh.

"It's better than nothing." I argue, getting slightly agitated with him now. It goes silent for a few seconds before I hear Derek speak again.

"Fine, I'll be there in five minutes." He agrees and hangs up the phone.

I put my phone away and turn back to the others as they all stared at me with expectant looks.

"He'll be here soon." I inform them as they nod.

"He sounded excited." Stiles comments sarcastically as I glare at him.

"Enough." I warn as he holds up his hands in defense.

Eventually Derek walks through the door as he stands in front of us with his arms crossed over his chest. No one said anything so I decided to be the one to get the ball rolling.

"The mark that Lydia and Allison have on their arms," I begin as I walk over to the two girls and turn their wrists around to let Derek see. "Allison thinks it could mean something, like a symbol." I conclude.

Derek walks over to us and looks down at their wrists before looking back at us with a blank expression.

"I don't see anything." He tells us.

"Look again." Scott says as Derek turns to Allison.

"How is a bruise gonna tell me where Boyd an Erica are?" Derek questions as they glared each other down.

The tension between them was killing me. No one liked to see their boyfriend and best friend hating each other.

"It's the same on both sides, exactly the same." I say, trying to get Derek to maybe even try and see what we all saw.

"It's nothing." Derek says, still glaring at Allison.

"Pareidolia." Lydia comments as I look at her with my eyebrows squinted. "Seeing patterns that aren't there." Derek raises his eyebrows at Lydia before turning to Scott. Lydia couldn't see anything with the bruises either.

"They're just trying to help." Scott reassures him.

"These two?" Derek asks, gesturing to Lydia and Allison. "This one," Derek points at Lydia. "Who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle, thank you. And this one," He points at Allison. "Who shot about 30 arrows into me and my pack." I could tell Allison and Derek were getting more angry by the second.