Introduction

I didn't start out this way.  I was human once, I don't really know what I am now.  I don't think there is a word for the likes of me.  I don't know if you would consider it an accident, curse or twist of fate that lead me to become what I am.  I certainly didn't choose it. 

Most people go through their whole lives without ever meeting a vampire, although there are plenty of stories about them that everyone hears.  It was my luck or destiny to cross the path of small gang of young male vampires.  What you have heard about the seductive powers of these night creatures is true.  You want to run because you know what they are but a longing, not of your own, anchors you down.  And when they bite you, you forget everything but the rush of desire and need coursing through your body.  They can do anything to you in that moment and you will gladly let them.  What the stories don't tell you is after the thrall wears off: the fear, horror and disgust that has been held at bay hits and you suffer the full violence of their attack.

I don't pretend to understand what happened that night, I thought that my life had been spared by some miracle.  It wasn't until later that I realized that the gang of vampires was now walking around on the earth human and I no longer was.  Since then, my life has no longer been the same.  How could it be?  Who I was had changed.