epilogue

• Dedicated to all of you perfect human beings

epilogue

the flight was long and made charlie feel crappy as her body ached for sleep, but she knew now wasn't the time to be feeling like this, she had a show to go too.

she climbed into a taxi that was waiting for her outside as she headed to the arena that was printed on the ticket that was in her hand.

no one but luke knew she was coming, she wanted to surprise michael, she wanted to make it up to him and prove that she did love him and that she always would.

the taxi pulled up to the arena showing the huge line of screaming girls and suddenly there was a huge uproar as the crowd got louder and louder. charlie looked around before she saw luke coming out of the stage emergency exit signalling for her to follow him.

"hey luke, thanks for doing this" charlie said before she noticed calum and ashton behind him. guess luke wasn't the only one who knew anymore.

"no problem at all, he's been moping for days" luke replied as ashton agreed with him.

"he's in his dressing room" calum said before pointing down a narrow corridor and charlie said thank you to all of them by giving them hugs before she went to find michael.

charlie found the dressing room pretty quickly and she took a deep breath before she knocked on the door.

"go away, whoever you are" michael shouted back and charlie frowned before she knocked again and again.

she heard him walk towards the door and soon after the door swung open revealing a very tired and miserable looking michael.

his eyes went wide when he noticed her and he froze to the spot, afraid that he was dreaming and that when he woke up, she would disappear again.

"surprise" charlie said, as she stared back at michael determined to do everything in her power to make him happy again.

"why are you even here?" his question stung but she didn't mind, he had every right to be angry with her.

"i'm here for you, i know that i wasn't there when you needed me to be and for that, i'm truly sorry but i'm here now, isn't that what matters?" charlie spoke softly as she tried to win michael back around. she saw him half smile at her and she couldn't help but pull him into her arms, appreciating every moment of the hug with him.

"i can't stay mad at you because i care about you too much," he whispered in her ear. he sounded oddly nervous and that prompted charlie to panic a little. "but everything has changed now."

charlie instantly dropped her arms from around him, her eyes trying to meet those of michael's but he did everything he could to avoid her gaze. tears were threatening to escape from her eyes, and they did, as soon as michael turned around and walked away, leaving her standing there all alone, like she had done to him.

what could have possibly changed in the few days that they had spent apart?

THE END