Chapter 1

Your point of view

I jumped off the cliff. The cold air whipped my hair around and stung my face slightly but I felt so free, I hurtled towards the icy ocean water below me. I spread my arms out wide almost pretending they were wings. As I was mere feet from the water my dragon Midnight caught me. "Yeah there's a girl Midnight!" I scream as she shoots into the air doing twists while heading towards the clouds. Midnight is a Night Fury, a pitch black one with icy blue eyes. We go above the clouds just soaring calmly looking into the distance. I spread my arms out one more and smile at the feeling of the cool air blowing around me. I pull my mask off which is covering the bottom half of my face, I take a deep breath and close my eyes. Oh how I love flying, it makes me feel so free, I'm a traveler, I don't do anything for a living I just live off of nature. I haven't talked to people in forever, just have seen a few travelers as well, but on boat, not on a Dragon of course. "Hey girl do you want to head back to camp now?" I ask. She makes a grumbling sound. I've learned what a few of her sounds mean. This one means no. "I know Midnight I don't want to either but it's starting to get dark" I add. Suddenly she dives down and spins in a corkscrew riding around. "Ahhh Midnight!" I scream grabbing onto her. She makes a sound that could only be laughter, "Not funny!" I say rolling my eyes. I didn't let go of Midnight for the rest of the ride to our makeshift camp, flying doesn't scare me but it really caught me off guard. We made it back and I started cooking a meal of fish I caught earlier today, I cooked the delicious food and a few small Dragons came to me, I giggled at them as they begged for some fish. I saw befriended them yesterday night after giving them some fish, it wasn't a surprise that they came back after smelling more. I have them a fish and the ate it up very quickly, they left shortly after realizing all of the fish was gone but not before letting me pat their small heads. I yawned loudly stretching my arms over my head, Midnight yawned to and I laughed a bit. "I'm tired too Midnight" I say. I walk over to Midnight, since I don't have a bed I sleep in the ground on a mat. I scoot closer to Midnight like I do every night, We've slept the same way since I found her as a mere hatchling, I used to curl up with her in my arms but when she grew to big we switched, now I sleep under her wing, she keeps me warm and I feel protected. "Goodnight girl" I say before falling into a deep sleep.