In Plain Sight: Pt 2

'Knock knock ja deureogamnida!!' The alarm went off and you almost smashed the darn phone trying to get it to turn off. You had forgotten to switch off the alarm before you slept,  heck you had even forgotten to change, but had somehow managed to crawl under the covers. It was 4am, your usual waking up time but today it was far too early being a free day and all.

You had planned to wake up around 6 but oh well, since you were already up, might as well just stay up. The room was dark as you sleepily stumbled to get the lights.
'Arhhh!' you cried, registering a sharp pain in your right knee, where you knocked against something; but before you knew what it was, you fell backwards from the force straight onto Dodo.
"Ouch! Dvijjah what are you doing?" Dodo exclaimed feeling your weight plop on her.
"Arghh sorry I was trying to get the lights but I hit myself on this damn bed" you complained and Dodo chuckled.
"Okay am sorry monkey, are you hurt?" Dodo whispered and you realised just how close she was because you could feel her breath on your forehead as she spoke.

"No am fine. Just startled I guess"

"What time is it anyway? And where are you going?"

"It's 4am. I thought I'd get in abit of a workout before everyone woke up."

"Nonsense you're going back to bed until a reasonable time when the sun is up," Dodo said. And as she did, she pulled you into her long arms and cuddled you (more like had you in a chock hold) preventing you from moving*.
"Arh let go! Dodo! Stop it! You always bully me!"
Struggling to get free, she startled tickling you and you burst out laughing because you were a tickle monster who had no control.

"okay okay am sleeping. Just stop," you said in between chuckles, gasping for air.
"Shhhhh monkey now sleep." You were the leader but Dodo always made you feel like a small kid and it was unnerving sometimes,  especially with the pet names which you always interpreted as her teasing you.

Soon enough, Dodo's rhythmic deep breathing resumed but you still couldn't get free from her chock hold. Dodo seemed so frail and skinny but she was so strong. Eventually giving up, you felt yourself drifting away slowly...
                ********************
"Dodo will you go with me today to get coffee?"

It was late morning as you asked this in between brushing your teeth. Dodo was applying a moisturizer on her face when she replied, "No am good, but get one for me when you come back."

Before you could prob her further,  HeeAra, the sweetest angel of a maknae barged in.
"Unnie! My mom is picking us to go camping do you want to come? I forgot to ask you because I was so tired yesterday!"
HeeAra was almost four years your junior but she was the lead rapper of the group. She had barged in the room and sat herself on Dodo's bed, not waiting for a welcome.

"Oh no HeeAra I wish you'd told me sooner, I have a few things to take care of. But you girls go ahead. Before you leave though, please wait in the living area managernim needs to brief us all on some important news."

"Okay unnie!! Let me finish getting ready. I'll tell the others about the meeting. Dodo unnie why are you awake right now? "

"Yaahh!! How dare you talk to your elder like this. Come here!" Dodo teased her as she ran out of the room laughing and giggling.

After when left, you turned back to Dodo, "You haven't answered me yet. What are you doing today? Coffee?"
Looking to Dodo's direction, sure enough sh was ready to go.
"Am just going to be out for a little while but I'll be back by evening as usual."
Sigh. You were expecting this but still it felt a bit disappointing. It would have been nice to go for a coffee run with her.
As you watched her packing her bag, you realised it was the only time Dodo was ever up and ready on time and shook your head. This little froggie, always ready on her free days to just disappear.
                   *******************
Once you were all seated in the living area together with the other two managers,  the senior manager began,  "Okay girls settle down. This briefing will be short because I know all my little DareAngels(your group name) here are excited to go camping thanks to the generosity of HeeAra's mom."