Untitled[Jack Barakat Imagine]

Couldn't think of a title for this one but I hope you like it. I just kind of came up with the idea after my friend ditched me from dinner a few days ago. Hope you like it.
--------------------------------

"Hey, you want to go to dinner tonight?" Your best friend asked as you walked into the front door of your home.
"Yeah, sounds good. Text me where and when, when you get the chance" you told her. She was busy with helping her parents move out of their old house and was busy all day. But going out tonight was going to be fantastic. We haven't seen each other as much as we used to when we were younger and this night out was going to be a great way to see each other again. You were excited to say the least.
"Yeah, I will. Gotta go bye" she said quickly and hung up.
You chuckled to yourself and took your jacket and shoes off. It was a bit chilly today in Baltimore but you hoped it would warm up soon because it was Spring now.
"Babe?" You heard at the top of the stairs. Not even a minute later and jack was already at the bottom of the stairs, coming towards you and embracing you in a hug. You giggled as he began to kiss your neck.
"Haha Jackk stop it" You said.
He pulled away will a goofy grin on his face and then connected his lips with yours. You kissed back and after a few seconds, you pulled away.
"How was work?" Jack asked as he pulled you into the lounge. You both relaxed onto the couch as he pulled you beside him, cuddling you towards his body as he draped a blanket over you and turned on the tv.
"It was fine" You told him, shrugging your shoulders. It wasn't any different than any other day.
"By the way, your gonna be eating solo tonight" you told him, stroking his chest with your hand. He looked over at you with his eyebrows scrunched up. He looked adorable.
"Why?" He asked pouting. You giggled and kissed him lightly.
"I'm going out with y/f/n because she's been stressed out this week from helping her parents move out and stuff and I haven't seen her in a few weeks" You told him. A girls night out is what she needed to help her forget about all of the work and it would be great for both of you to talk about all that is happening in your lives. You were both so busy, you hadn't had a deep conversation in a while.
"Oh okay, I get it. You just don't want to hang out with me anymore" he said, faking looking sad. You laughed out loud and he couldn't fight the smile that came to his face.
"Yeah, that's exactly what I mean" You said as he scoffed and started tickling your sides.
He had finally stopped after a few minutes and you both relaxed as you watched the TV programme.

It was nearing 5:30 when you checked your phone for the fifth time. Y/f/n still hadn't got back to you after you texted her at least 3 times.
You had just gotten dressed and had redone you're makeup for the night out but she didn't seem to be answering you.
As you walked down the stairs, you heard Jack in the kitchen fixing himself something for dinner.
For some reason you felt bummed that she wasn't answering you but she was probably still busy... Right?
You walked into the kitchen to see jack scarfing down a sandwich he had just made.
"When you leaving babe?" He asked after swallowing his mouthful.
"I don't know"
You shrugged and sat down across from him at the kitchen table.
"She won't answer her phone."
Jack looked deep in thought for a few seconds as he probably took in what you said.
"Have you tried phoning her?" He asked. You nodded. She hadn't picked up either.
"Maybe she's still busy and hasn't looked at her phone yet" he suggested. You hoped he was right. You were just so excited to see her tonight. She had been your best friend since elementary school and now that you were becoming full on adults, hadn't had much time together alone.
"It's okay, it's still a bit early anyways. She text you soon" he reassured you giving you a sweet and livable smile as he stroked your hand from across the table. You smiled back at him, thankful for the comfort.

It was now nearing 7 and she still hadn't got to you. You weren't just bummed anymore, you were downright sad as you were sitting on your bed with your laptop on your lap. You browsed Facebook, Twitter and tumblr but there were no notifications from y/f/n. You had even texted her and called her again but she still hadn't answered.
You felt really sad. You were excited to go out but it didn't look like it was going to happen. Jack had gone out with Alex and Rian after the hassle of him asking you multiple times if you were okay and if he should stay back with you. You told him to go have fun and that she would probably get to you, she did like eating dinner later in the evening.
But now you were just in your bed, still dressed and makeup on waiting for her to call you or text you what was going on. You still had that little hope that she was just finishing up her work and was about to text you any minute.
When it hit 9, you knew the dinner wasn't going to happen anymore. That little hope that you were going to see your best friend was shattered as the tears began to blur your eyes.
You didn't know why you were getting all emotional over this but this dinner got your hopes up and were so excited. Now it just felt like she blew you off and you were forgotten.
You climbed out of bed and let the tears fall as you went to the bathroom. Your makeup was taken off and you washed your face and throughout the whole process, you still cried. It just hurt that one of your best friends in the whole world might have forgotten about you. You get kind of dumb for having all these thoughts but you didn't care at this point; it was getting late and it was the end of the week. You were obviously tired and stressed from everything and not showing emotion and being tired does this to people.
After you were done in the bathroom, you went and changed into some comfy pyjamas and decided just to put in a movie.
10 minutes later, you had a mug of tea and were watching The Nightmare Before Christmas, one of your favourite movies of all time.
You felt like you could relate to Sally because she wasn't being heard by Jack and you weren't being heard by your best friend.
You slowly drifted to sleep in the middle of the movie as new tears escaped your eyes.

You slowly came conscious as you felt the bed dip and something move beside you. You slowly opened your eyes as you saw jack slip into bed beside you.
"Babe?" You asked still half asleep. He looked over at you and smiled. You smiled back and cuddled up to him as he got comfortable. You noticed the once lit tv screen was shut off and the lights were out.
"What time is it?" You asked.
"11" jack replied as you listened to his heart with your ear pressed to his chest. It was so nice to have him back after your lonely evening.
"How was dinner?" He asked.
You tensed up, you didn't even think about it until now. Fresh tears came to your eyes as the feelings and thoughts came back to your head. Jack noticed something was up when he turned your head up towards him and shifted your body so you were at his level. That's when the first few tears fell.
"I don't know" you said getting choked up. You began balling at this point. It was 11 and she still hadn't contacted you. You had no idea why she didn't call or text you that it wasn't happening. You were just so confused and upset.
"Hey, hey. What's wrong? Did something happen?" He asked concerned. He was just so good with you.
"Well, I I waited a..and she didn't text or call and now I j..just feel forgotten" I said choking on my sobs. You felt kid of dumb for getting so emotional.
"I know, I know it's dumb to get upset over this" you said before he could say something. He stroked your back as you drenched his shirt with your tears.
"Shhh y/n, your not dumb for having feelings. I would be upset too if someone stood me up, especially someone so close to me" he said soothingly.
His voice was so soft and it calmed you down slowly as you regained your composer and there were less frequent tears.
"I love you" I told him as I looked up at him. He looked down at me and replied "I love you too."
"Don't worry about y/f/n, just wait until you get an answer from her and talk to her okay? Everything will be fine." He cuddle you more into his chest and began to stroke your hair and look in your eyes.
"Okay" you agreed. He wiped the remaining tears from your cheeks and pulled your face to his lips and began kissing you tenderly. Jack always knew what to say and how to make you feel better. Maybe that's why you loved him so much.