Chapter 21 - No Regrets

Right, hello...yes...been away for ages and I'm sorry but I must inform you that, this is the last chapter :( unfortunatly! Well, I've been thinking about this chapter a lot and here it is, and thanks to everyone for reading! :)

***************************************************************************************************************

"SCORPIUS!" Bellowed Draco and it echoed around the house. Hermione jumped and clucthed her chest.

"Stop doing that!" she compained and put the newspaper down.

"That's boy just ruined the garden, look at it." He said gazing out into the garden, where the sun shone brightly and the bired chirped, merrily. It was a pleasant day.

"He's just a boy, they're like that." Hermione chuckled and moments after Scorpius appeared at the living room door.

"Yes, Father?" He said innocently.

"The garden! It's a mess, who told you to ride your broom and knock every other, scare the peacocks and break the window?!" Draco demanded.

Scorpius strugged and stared at his shoes.

"Leave him alone." Hermione interfered and faced her son. "Lily, Albus and James'll be here soon. Go changed and clean up."

Without a word, Scorpius walked away and Draco sighed. "You let his off, way too easy. He should be punished,"

"He's 5, 5 year old boys do that." Hermione replied.

Draco groaned and sat down in his armchair. They still lived in the house Draco's Aunt had given him. Draco parents had left and moved to Paris. They;d visit at Christmas to see their grandson but that was it. The house belonged to the 3 Malfoys.

A bell boomed around the house.

"Oh God! They're here." Draco said with a groan."

"Draco, you weren't so annoyed and disgusted when you asked Harry to be your best man." Hermione said and smiled.

"That was to get in his good books. You're his best friend. I hate acting like I like him."

"Please get along, andf remember...he is your friend now!" she smiled and when to open the door.

***

Hermione opened the door and a bunch of redheads smiled and greeted her. There were bone crushing hugs and kisses before Hermione could invite them in.

"Hello, Mrs. Malfoy." said little Lily Luna.

"Hello, dear, come on in. Ron, so how are things with you and..." Hermione smirked.

"Stop it you!" he smiled.

"Well, are you going to ask her, or is she going to have to wait longer?!"

"Look, I'm waiting fo-"

"Yes the right moment, i've heard it before. Ask the girl."

"This Lavender we're talking about?" Harry interjected as they walked to the living room.

"Yes, Ron it's been 2 years, ask her." Ginny said.

They;d reached the living room when Scorpius ran down and greeted Albus and James.

"What happened to your garden, Mrs. Malfoy?! " Lily asked in curiosity.

"Well...Scorpius, crashed into everything while riding his broom."

"Brilliant, I bet malfoy was furious." Ron smirked.

"Yes, infact he was." Draco came out the living room and looked at the guests.

"You going to stand there are come and sit." He said with a smile.

And they did so, they sat around, talking, smiling, Hermione got tea and the kids went off for the awaiting adverntures.

"I think it's best what Weasley's doing!" Draco said looking at Ron. "I best you don't ask her to marry you, or she'll run away...you'll have to trick her, Weasley."

"Oi!" Ron said, loudly.

"He joking, Ron." Harry said.

"I know...so did you have to trick Hermione?! What did you use? A spell, potion?!"

"RON!" Ginny yelled.

But Hermione just laughed.

***

The sun was slowly setting, the wind was warm and refreshing. Birds sand happily and the flowers danced at the wind rushed past. It was the perfect evening. 

They were out in the ruined garden which was almost fixed by Draco. The kids ran around, Lily chased a butterfly and caught it. It was when Fred and George showed up the kids ran to them.

"Woah, gerrof, you lot" said Fred, smiling.

"Pests, here, Dungbombs for the lot of you." George handed them a bag full of them, and the kids retreated. 

"'Ello 'ello 'ello, how are we all then?" said Fred and they both sat down.

"Fine" Ron mumbled.

"Ron's grumpy as ever, that Lavender dumped you yet?" Georged asked, grinning.

"No" replied Ron, defensively while Draco laughed in the background, putting a statue back into place.

George lowered his voice and whispered. "So Hermione, you ok with that git over there? You married him!"

"That 'git' is my husband, and yes, it's been 5 years. Why do you keep asking everyt-"

"We want to be sure, he's still not a shallow, self-centered, freak."

"Well he's not."

"And that shallows, self-centered, freak heard you." said Draco coming over. "Honestly, why talk behind my back. Don't you like me?" Draco smiled.

"Well..." started Ron.

"RON!" bellowed Ginny.

"'Course we don;t mate, it's those two who don't" he said pointing at the twins.

Fred looked agast and said "Don't pin this on us, little bro, anyway, we're off, we closed the store for a while, better go open it again. We're staying open all night. see yah."

The twins set off and left. Draco took hold of Hermione wrist and pulled her away from the others.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing..."

"Just act nicer for a bit longer..."

"I'm not acting..."

Hermione stared at him, with tears in her eyes.

"It's them who..." he said but hermione cut in.

"They're joking, and they don't trust you yet, but I do. And i'll always tell them that. And glad you're trying to get along." she smiled.

"For you, just for you."

Hermione put her hand on his cheek and caressed it with her thumb. She leaned in a kissed his lightly on his lips and pulled away. She rested her forehead on his.

"You'll always be my death-eater."

"And you'll always be my muggle-born."

******************************************************************************************************

And that's the end, I didn't make it took long, made it kind of like an epilouge, but I just wanted you to know their future life. And that was it. I hoped you liked reading my story, because your comments have made me smile. Thanks for reading guys! :)

oxox