My thoughts on Gay Marriage...

*Warning: I cuss in this if anyone cares*

I’m attempting to see your logic when you say things about this topic. I pisses me off beyond belief. You say it’s a sin to be gay and I need to “repent” from that sin and read the bible. Get a life. Here is a list of things I’m sure you don’t follow that the bible says:

1 Corinthians 11:14 *Men should not have long hair*

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 *Women should remain silent in church*

Deuteronomy 13:6-16 *Death penalty for Apostasy*

Deuteronomy 20:10-14 *Attack city, kill all men, keep women, children as spoils of war*

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 *Death penalty for a rebellious son*

Deuteronomy 22:19-25 *Kill non-virgin/kill adulterers/rapists*

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 *Pay virgin’s parents for raping her*

Ecclesiastes 1:18 *Knowledge is bad*

Exodus 21:1-7 *Rules for buying slaves*

Exodus 35:2 *Death for working on the Sabbath*

Ezekiel 9:5-6 *Murder women/children*

Genesis 3:16 *Man shall rule over woman*

Leviticus 19:19 *No mixed fabrics in clothing*

Leviticus 19:27 *don’t trim hair or beard*

Leviticus 19:28 *No tattoos*

Leviticus 20:9 *Death for cursing father or mother*

Leviticus 20:10 *Death for adultery*

Leviticus 20:15 *Death for bestiality*

Leviticus 20:18 *No sex with a woman on her period*

Leviticus 21:17-23 *Ugly people, lame, dwarfs, not welcome on altar*

Leviticus 25:45 *Strangers can be bought as slaves*

Luke 12:33 *Sell your possessions, and give to the poor*

1 Timothy 2:11-12 *Women subordinate and must remain silent*

1 Timothy 5:8 *If you don’t provide for your family, you are an infidel*

(By the way, I found these on the internet and didn’t find all of them. I forgot who found them, but I didn’t)

I don’t believe you’ve followed all those rules. And I am Catholic, and I love God, and I’m gay. Trust me, it is possible.

Let’s take religion out of this though and confirm some common myths about gay people and gay marriage I have found on the internet.

People say that more gay people will be raised if they get married considering that only gay people raise gay babies. I just wanna say I am laughing my ass off right now! I have read that on so many sites, it is HILARIOUS! Both my mom and Dad are straight, thank you very much.

Being gay is a choice. Oh yeah, I totally thought, huh, you know, I’m just going to like women from now on instead of men. Seriously?!

The population will go down with gay marriage. JUST because gay marriage will be legalized does NOT mean that there still won’t be straight couples. I mean, gay marriage ain’t legalized in some states in the US yet there are still gay couples there.

Now I’m going to argue with some things that pissed me off.

I found this on http://gaymarriage.procon.org/ “If a gay man or lesbian woman wants to get married, all they need to do is choose not to be gay and marry someone of the opposite sex.” Oh yeah, it’s seriously THAT simple. Are you f***ing kidding me. No! JUST NO! I don’t think I need to explain why this pissed me off, but I will for the stupid people out there. Look, I already established that I didn’t choose to be gay, I was born this way (Hey, that rhymes ^_^). And even if some people did, “choosing” to not be gay isn’t an option. It’s like marrying a total douchebag, it won’t work out.

When people say “marriage has been like this for years, why change it?” Arranged Marriages have been going on for years. Some wars have been going on for years. Slavery has been going on for years. My point exactly. (http://arpacanada.ca/index.php/issuesresearch/family/122-four-stupid-arguments-against-gay-marriage-and-one-good-one)

Please feel free to argue with me in the comments; I have no problem arguing back. I didn’t make this to change people’s minds. I made it to show my ideas and to disprove some myths etc. So yeah, I look forward to arguing with you in the comments in the future. ^_^