Chapter One

Don't ask me how I ended up in bed with some random guy, because I'm not exactly sure. How my friends got me to go out the night before an exam is beyond me too.

From what I can remember it went a little like this..

"Come on Scar, your exam isn't until 3 and you've been studying all week. And it's summer! Just come with us. Please." I looked at my three roommates who were all dressed up and ready to go. They all stared at me with wide eyes, knowing I would give in eventually.

"Fine. I'll go. Just let me get ready first." I mumbled as I shut my book and brought it down to my room. I switched my cutoff and running shorts for a pair of skinny jeans and a plain black v neck. I grabbed a pair of vans and my wallet then ran up the stairs.

"Okay, let's go."

"Can we take Barry?" Taylor asked. Barry is my truck. My nice, blue dodge. Or my baby, as I like to call it.

"Nope. I'm not driving. Nice try though!" I laughed as I went to the passenger side of Rachel's car, already pregaming.

Once we got to the club, my friends went to a table and I went straight to the bar. If I'm going to go out the night before an exam, I'm gonna make it worth it. I made it back to my friends after a few shots.

"I thought you had an exam tomorrow," Katie laughed at me and I gave her a dirty look.

"I thought you wanted me to come out tonight."

"We did," Rachel interjected, "We love drunk Scarlett. We never get to see her anymore."

"There's a reason for that.."

Whenever I drink, I do stupid shit. 90% of the time it involves my ex boyfriends. Texting. Calling. Sexing. You name it.

I don't think sexing is a real word, but it's now Scarlett's favorite.

"Is sexing a word," I asked the three girls around me, only I get funny looks from them.

"No.. I don't think so."

Somehow whenever we're out, the conversation always turns to guys. Rachel was pretty much engaged after almost two years with her boyfriend. He plays for the Pirates. Katie is pretty much dating her recurring hookup. Taylor is definitely hooking up with a few different guys. Me? I'm single. Which I enjoy. A lot.

"Any cute guys show interest lately, Scar?"

"Yeah. Haven't you seen them line up at our doorstep?"

"Come on. There's gotta be someone you like."

"I've had my eye on Derek Jeter for a while now but I don't think that's gonna happen," I laughed to myself but my friends didn't think I was as amusing as I did.

"What about someone here tonight?"

I looked around at all the potential guys. A majority of them were trying to wheel in some girl but there were a couple that had just walked in.

"She's too shy," Katie challenged. She would always do this. She knew I would have to talk to someone just to prove her wrong.

I scanned the crowd once more before finding a guy ordering a drink at the bar. From what I could tell, he was alone.

"Alright. Him. The lanky fucker over there," I finished my drink and made my way over to the bar.

"A double whiskey please," the bartender poured my drink and I was going to pay for it but was stopped by the guy next to me.

"I got this."

"Oh thanks," I flashed a smile, "What's your name?"

"You can call me Rob."