At Least You're Here

Chapter 1

“Katie-Anne!!!!!!”

I inwardly groaned. 

Why can’t she just leave me alone?!?!?!

I took a deep breath, and turned around.

“Hi, Veronica.”

“OH EM GEE, girl! We haven’t talked all summer!!!!” she bubbled.

“That’s because I went away.” I answered, knowing why she had really come up to me.

“So the rumors ARE true! You ran away for the whole summer!!!!! Wow, you must be, like, very brave!” she said in her nasally voice.

I sighed. Everyone had stopped me in the halls at school for the past month to ask if I had really run away.

“Yeah, I ran. But then I stopped in Tennessee and stayed there the rest of the time. I called my parents after a while and they came to stay too.”

I turned to walk away, but Veronica was full of news and mad for more.

“I also heard you have a boyfriend, but how can you have a boyfriend when you were gone the whole time?” she asked, making it hard for me to believe she had any brain cells.

“Yes, I have a boyfriend. He lives in Tennessee. His name is Will. Yes, I stayed with him the whole time.” I answered like a robot. I had repeated this so many times already, I had started to consider recording myself saying this and playing it for whoever asks.

She squealed with excitement.

“Do you have a picture of him?”

Hmm. Well, nobody asked this before. I thought.

I shrugged and pulled out my phone, showing he my wallpaper. Will had taken some of the pictures of us together and made a collage, which I had made my background.

“Ooh girl!!!!! He is So CAH-UTE!!!!!”

I had to smile at this. The biggest picture in the collage was of me smiling while holding the camera, and Will was smiling while kissing my cheek.

“Yeah, I know.” I sighed and walked away.

Great. Now I’m going to be distracted during school AGAIN. Every time I had talked about Will, I lost all focus for the rest of the day, just thinking about him.

My phone buzzed, so I took it out to see my text.

Have a great day, Katie Bug! I love you!(: Xx

I smiled and sent a reply.

Love you too!(: Can’t wait for our date tonight! Gotta go! Bye! Xx

I smiled. Tonight, Will and I had planned a Skype date for our 5 month anniversary.

The bell rang. I sighed and headed off to my history class, where I knew I wouldn’t be learning anything today. I would sit in class, trying to take notes, but before I knew it, I was daydreaming about Will again.

Sighhh. I really need to see that boy again.

End Of Chapter!!!!

A/N: Hi, everyone! I know this chapter was short and boring, but I started writing late, so oh well!!!! I hope you like this story as much as you liked My Southern Gentleman. Love you all! XOXOXOX <3