Black & Blue Hearts-Graceling FanFiction

A Graceling Fanfiction/

---

Graceling belongs to KRISTEN CASHORE! This is just a fanfiction(x

CHAPTER 1

---

"You must find Sinclair; he will guide you to me. Hurry Lela." My grandma's face was stern and serious as she spoke, her wrinkles etching with concern.

I will find you Grandma, but first, I needed to find Sinclair.

---

I woke up before the sun, my chest heaving from the impaling dream. Sinclair, Sinclair, as long as I remembered the name, I could find him.

But for now, there was work.

After I grabbed my bow along with my arrow bag, I took a few minutes to look out into the foggy mist. The sun was barely rising, that told me I had better get to work.

My time was short, so I immediently dressed in my cream cotton blouse along with my leather corset, tieing the strings to further inhale my chest.

I slipped on the matching pants, them clinging to me so they wouldn't dare bag during battle. Shoving my feet into the leather boots and letting my long hair run untamingly down my back; I was ready.

My bow had never felt so sturdy in my hand as I faced Prince Jantz, my current employer. I bent down on one knee to show respect, as I waited for him to explain my mission.

"Lady Lela, just in time, for the sun is almost ready to welcome us with it's warmth. You are to infiltrate as we guess, a spy camp? It tis' outside the west coating of Fakeret Forest. Leave no man alive. Go now."

"Yes, Master Jantz." I responded as timidly as he was, striding away. I set up on one of my favorite horses, Gale.

"Gale, you look lovely today." I whispered against his mane, petting him softly. After loading my equipment onto him, we set off. Fakeret Forest was North-West, on the edge of town, where the castle was easy to spot.

I handed Gale off to a royal guard at the stable, where I would continue my kill-spree on foot. I brought along my bow and a hefty amount of arrows. The sun still hadn't come up, and the fog was still roaming mistfully.

I followed the dirt path til the edge, then took off west on a path that had nothing put grass, twigs, and leaves. I knew the forest like the back of my hand, and when I could hear the earles of jolly laughter, I knew where my target was. Quickly, I scrambled up on a tree where I was masked in light fog and branches with new green leaves. I took out three arrows and perfected them on my bow, aiming for the four men who sat around the new fire, laughing away.

"Tis Jantz will never expect it!" one of them bellowed, clunking cans with the other. Quite early for ale I would say for myself.

"Ye ol' bastard will regret propping up tis' taxes and inviting Prince Sinclair and the four Grants' over for a little tea and supper."

Prince Sinclair? God! I nearly smacked myself on the forehead! Sinclair! He was only the second heir to Misfeillana. Was this the man grandma was talking about?

And the four Grants? When had Prince Jantz invited over my four brothers? Aye, they haven't seen me in over a year, nonetheless know I work for Jantz.

"We will rule tis' lands! Cheer mates!"

I took this moment to strike one of them, head-heart-crotch and watched as he died, tumbling into the fire. If you haven't noticed, my graceling is Archery.

"Aye! We're under attack!" They all jolted to attack position, a few people running out of their tent's. All in all, there were about twenty, and I had lost the element of suprise.