A Nice Type of Goodbye

I looked at the picture beside my table. It was taken 3 years ago during freshmen year. I was wearing a big smile on my face and happiness was apparent on my baby blue colored-eyes. A good-looking guy around my age was with me on the picture who had his arms wrapped around my waist. He had messy brown hair and brown-colored eyes. He was looking at me in the picture. And love could be seen shining through them as he stared at the girl beside him.

He's name is Mico.

And he's been my boyfriend for 3 years starting today.

September 24....

My first love and first kiss. The guy who stole my heart and who gave his heart to me in exchange. We've been through high and low and managed to stay in love.

He's my best friend.

The guy i love.

And looking at the photo.

It was apparent that he loved me to.

I got up and looked around my room. There were stuffed toys surrounding my room and the walls had pictures of me with Mico. The walls were a paint of blue, a color that both of us loved and decided to use as paint of my room. My bed was made by my father with help from him. My guitar had writings of quotes that was written by me and Mico.

I went inside the bathroom and took a bath. My shampoo and soap was the kind that Mico loved to smell on me. Strawberry.

I wrapped my body in a towel that i knew Mico had an exact same one in his home. It had M in it and Mico had A in he's.

Abbie and Mico. The golden couple.

I opened my closet and looked for clothes to wear. Half of them were clothes of a guy. I had always enjoyed taking he's shirts because i loved the way they felt when i wore them. It felt as if he had he's arms around me every time i did. I touched it, wanting to feel something. But there was none. I sighed and grabbed a shirt and a pair of shorts. I wore my sneakers and went down to eat breakfast. There was a time where i would look at my closet for an hour and try everything in them for another hour because i wanted to look the best. I wanted to be pretty. I didn't know when i stopped trying hard.

"happy third anniversary honey"

"didn't expect that you'd last this long"

"you guys are so perfect for each other"

I smiled and nodded at my little sister and parents as we ate breakfast. I should be excited because i was going out on a date with my boyfriend. I looked down at my food, i couldn't usually eat when i had a date from to much excitement but right now, i was eating fine. But there was something missing. I thank mom for the food and waited for a car to honk. I smiled when i did.

I opened the door and in front of my house, true enough, there he was on he's old chevy truck. He was wearing he's lucky shirt and faded jeans. He was still handsome as he was when i first met him, probably more. Over the years he just grew more handsome. And i waited for the familiar butterfly in my stomach when i looked at him. He held he's hand out to me and i expected the the familiar blush that usually graced my face whenever he was around and we had some sort of contact. I sat there beside him. And, once again, i waited for my heart to beat faster from both being nervous and excited. But there was none.

I looked at the mirror and looked at my reflection. Blue eyes and blond hair. My face lost some of it's childish roundness and i could admit that i was even more prettier. I wasn't vain or anything but i wasn't in denial about my looks either.

One just like a dream come true.

Two, just wanna be with you

Three, girl its plain to see that you're the only one for me