Hunger games my own story

This is my first story so hope you like!!!!!!~

--------------------------------------------------------------

Luke'sPOV:

I sighed as I walked into the town square. There was a faint breeze in the air as I pushed open the door to the Hob, my game bag in hand. I walked in before I can get to Greasy Sae I bumped into some one.

A girl, maybe a year younger than me, ran into me. "Whoa!" I say, as she bumps into me. The girl said "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to!" as she grabbed my hand and pulled me up. She's strong for a year younger than me. "It's ok," I chuckled, picking up my game bag. She then picked up her bag too

"Hey what's your name?" she asked. I wondered, why would she ask me this? "Luke," I say as I brush my dark hair out of my face. "What's yours?" "Lucy" she said she brushed her blackish brown hair out of ocean blue eyes.

I nodded and glanced to Greasy Sae's little stand. I really should be going. I have to make my trades then get home to my two younger sisters and mother. "Well, I'll be going. I really need to get home to my lil bro and dad" she said. Her face then turned a little sad.

"Ok, I need to get back to my mom and sisters anyway," I say with a sigh. "Well it was nice meeting you Luke. Bye," she said leaving through the door. "Bye Lucy," I say as she leaves. I walk over to Greasy Sae and trade with her. "Thanks kid" she says. "Oh and a little advice, I think you should go out with her," and from that I blushed.

"I-I can't," I say nervously, "not with the way things are right now. I have to take care of my family." But honestly, I wish I could. "I understand but when everything gets better you go for it okay?" she said. I blush and nod. "Thanks for the trade," I say and gather my things, heading to the door. I push it open and step out into the square .And then I just ran straight home. What was she thinking? Nothing will get better.

I finally reached my house in the Seam. I open the door and am greeted by my younger sisters. "Hey Luke!!" the said running to me and hugging me. "Well hi!" I laugh as they continue excitedly hugging me. "Mommy! Luke's home!!" they both shouted and my mother came in. Our mother steps in and squeezes my arm. "Here," I say, handing her the trades I made, knowing she would need them. "Thank you sweetie" she said.

"No problem," I say. Truthfully, I know our family wouldn't make it without my hunting and trading at the Hob with the way things work in our world. Then.... there was the Reaping. "Oh don't worry sweetie everything will be fine" she said, seeing my expression. I hope so.

I let out a long sigh. One of my sisters sees my face and I see the concern and pain in her eyes. "Luke?" she asks me quietly, her gray eyes full of fear. "Yeah Jade?" I ask her. "Wh-what i-if.... What if... one of us.. g-gets.... p-picked....?" She stutters, tears silently falling down her cheeks. I embrace her in a long hug. "Shh, it's gonna be ok. We won't get picked. I promise. Everything is going to be fine," I try to soothe her. But I can't help thinking, what if it does happen?

"Y-you promise?" she asked with her scared eyes, I looked at both of them then said "I'll try ok I won't let anything happen to you." I felt like a liar to my sisters. I couldn't handle it. I couldn't let this happen to them. But then again... What could I do? I clenched my fists tightly out of frustration and hate for the Capitol, my knuckles turning white. Why must they do this to its citizens?? Before I can do anything the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," I say as I un-clench my fists and step to the door. When I opened the door there she was again but in a beautiful white dress and her hair straight down "Hello, would you-"she looked up from her basket and saw me her smile went brighter...wow. "We'll it nice to see you again Luke" she said