Chapter 1: Hera Breaks Her Own Rule

First Person
Hera POV
  I was flying over New York just watching those pathetic little mortal always trip and fall. I always enjoyed laughing at all the mistakes they made. Just then a car collided with another car, causing an abrupt stop so the cars behind banged the cars lying on their side.  I laughed watching the people in the cars yelling and honking their horns. I continued to watch as a woman come out of a big building with a stack of papers and then a big gust of wind blew the papers all over the place. The woman screamed and some people came to help gather the papers. Some people started yelling through the busy traffic. This was just classic New York. I then sighed because me the queen of the gods could finally rest after all the different experiences. Like Apollo's cast down. Okay, I admit it was funny because he looked like a silly mortal. What was his name again? Lector? Lenny? Oh! Lester Pophuhjoxjihhggcg. Yeah that was it. I chuckled rembering. After having enough with the mortals  I was about to teleport to Olympus but then I saw something that caught my eye. Or someone.

  I flew down to the beach and changed into a beautiful lady with black hair with a white dress that went to my knees and  sandals. That someone was a man who was paddling farther out from shore. I don't know why he caught my eye but looked at him again. (No, that was not an excuse to-you know what? Just forget it!) He had light brown hair and hazel brown eyes with a long sleeved blue shirt and black pants. He didn't look like a monster but I was still unsure why I sensed something suspicious in my stomach. His wet hair was plastered to his face like he fell into the water a lot. I saw a lot of handsome guys but this one was different. Stop it Hera! You are not allowed to have an affair with a "mortal". A voice said in my mind. I watched as he caught a wave back to shore. He then saw me looking at him.

  Shoot. I started thinking what I should do. Maybe I should kill him with my secret dagger under my dress! (Don't be dumb! Goddesses can fight to!)Or send him to Tartaraus? Gah! I wasn't supposed to teleport because I was surrounded by mortals. But I couldn't meet him I was scared I was going to mess up. But that feeling in my stomach, could it be love? Then the same voice said you shouldn't  break your own rule so don't even think about him! Now I understand why yourself is your worst enemy. Then he started walking toward me. ME. Ahhhhhhhhhhh-Wait a second! Wait one second. He could be looking at the cafe behind me. I heard they had some pretty good bread...Ah! But I was sure he was looking at me. Why me!!

He had the scared look on his face like he was about to meet someone with a short temper. Ha! He should be scared because I am the wife of the almighty Zeus! (Wait do I have a short temper?)That is right mortal tremble before Her-wait sort of. Zeus and I don't really like each other and we kinda like force married but whatever! But what about the mist? Well I have a bigger problem! I muttered an Ancient Greek curse to Aphrodite. Stupid Aphrodite! Why do I have to experience one of your son's arrows!

The man came closer and closer leaving his surfboard at the beach. He was 10 meters away. 8 meters. 5 meters. 2 meters until he was right in front of me. I tried to put on that smile a regular beach girl would failed and the panic face took over. I couldn't out run him. Then he did something totally different from what I thought he would do. He kneeled on the cracked concrete and winced as his knee went on some chipped asphalt.(I mean seriously who would do that?)
Then he said"Lady Hera.".