26 - jealousy

About an hour later, Olly finally joined us. "I'll have a hamburger with chips, please. Oh and a coke." He said, smiling to our waiter. "I'm really sorry about that, I couldn't get away." Olly sat down in the chair next to me, which sadly was the only one avaliable. I didn't really feel like talking to him. I mean, he was basically flirting with a girl in front of my eyes. Yeah, sure, whatever he didn't know I was there. Yeah, sure, they weren't exactly flirting...her daughter fell on the floor and she was a fan. But never mind. I wouldn't be surprised if they would go on a date. 

I heard a cry coming from the left side of me. I picked up Josh, taking my bag and taking him to the bathroom. I laid him down on the changing mat, getting out the nappy and wipes. "I think we need to teach you how to use the potty, don't we?" I said, changing his nappy. 

"Poppy?" I heard outside the door. "I'm coming in." 

I was in the ladies toilets. Okay... Olly came in, examining the room, making sure no one was in. He locked the door behind him and leant against the wall, looking at me. Staring at me. Making me feel a bit uncomfortable. 

"What?" I snapped. A little too harsh, to be honest. 

"Woah, what's wrong?" He asked, still staring at me. 

"Nothing." I simply said, putting the dirty nappy in a nappy bag and in the bin. I changed Josh into a new nappy, and washed my hands. 

"Poppy... c'mon." 

"Just go and talk with your new girlfriend." I said, sounding like such a jealous girlfriend. I cursed at myself in my head, wishing I didn't say that. 

"What are you talk... wait. Did you see me with that lady out the front?" I didn't respond, which made him continue. "Poppy, seriously. It was not what you think. Her daughter fell on the floor and I helped her up, then she came over, saying thank you and we were just talking about her daughter was a massive fan of mine. She hugged me to stay thank you for not leaving her on the floor. Poppy, I swear, you're the one I lo-" 

"Okay, Olly. I'm sorry. I just...overreacted." He can tell I don't want him to say the 'L' word. I'm not prepared for it yet. 

"Let's go back? I'm hungry." He whined, grabbing my hand. I picked Josh up and set him on the floor, grabbing his hand. We walked out of the toilets, with a line of ladies looking at us outside. "Oops." Olly muttered, practically dragging us to the table. 

---

"See you later, Mum." I said, giving her a cuddle. "Bye Dad." Giving him a cuddle. "See you soon, Vicky and Pete." Giving them a joint hug. 

Olly said his goodbyes as I got Josh in his carseat and gave him a quick kiss, getting into the front passenger seat. A few minutes later, Olly joined us. 

"Let's get ready to rhumble." He said, switching on the radio. 

"Dear darlin', please excuse my writing, cause I'm cold and alone tonight." 

I switched off the radio immediately. Olly didn't question it. He didn't say anything. Through-out the whole drive. He knew I was uncomfortable with it, obviously...

We arrived at the house in 15 minutes, not that I was timing it... 

Olly got out of the car, storming straight into the house. Did I offend him by turning off his song? I jumped out the car, unbuckling Josh and walking into the house, with Josh in front of me. Funnily enough, there were no paps. Luckily. I walked into the house, shutting the door behind me. 

"Mumma, me hungry." Josh whined, pointing to the kitchen behind the safety gate. 

"You just ate! Greedy boy." I said, directing him in the direction of the lounge. "Pick a DVD baby." He walked over to the DVD collection, picking out Toy Story. I laughed, taking it from him and putting it in the DVD player. We sat on the couch, Josh sitting on my lap, watching the film. 

Half an hour later, Olly came in with a box. He put it on the seat next to me, and walking out again. 

That was weird, right? 

Does he want me to read them? Did he put it there for decoration? I don't know! I didn't want to touch it. I left it alone, turning my eyes back to the TV. I looked down to Josh, and noticed he was sleeping. I left him in my arms, afraid of what would happen if I left him like last time...

"Open it, please." Olly said. I hadn't even noticed he was here. And guess what happened next?

...He walked out. 

Right... I opened the box, trying not to wake the sleeping Josh on my lap. There was letters upon letters in there. Too many to count. I grabbed one. I couldn't believe what I was reading. 

What do you think they are?

commenttttt xo