Chapter 3

Aden: I'm already missing you and your sexy butt even though I spend my whole weekend with you. What have you done to me? Have lunch with me? See you in a heartbeat, A.

The moment I stepped into the office, Aden sent me a text even though we just separated from each other not more than ten minutes ago. It still made me smile.

He stayed over at my place for the weekend, working alongside with me. He had his assistant send his work to my apartment while I write my article.

I replied his text: I ask myself that question every day. I can't have lunch with you, I'm meeting Brock.

After I send the text, he called right away. I raised my eyebrow and make sure my colleagues are busy with their stuff.

"Hello?" I answered cautiously.

"You send him your articles through email, so why are you meeting him?" I can hear the irritation in his voice. I actually found out that Aden and Brock are good friends. What a small world.

"Brock and I get lunch together every Monday, Aden." I said.

"You are having lunch with me," He said firmly and hang up the phone.

Brock texted me ten minutes later: Why the hell did Aden Wilder called me and cancel our lunch?

I sighed, quickly type back a reply: I will explain to you. Lunch as usual.

I crossed over to the café at lunch; Sloane greeted me then nodded to direction where Brock Hasting is seated. He is looking at his iPad. Even with his head down, girls are double taking him.

Sloane said to me, "What a handsome bloke. Date him instead." Sloane has known Brock as long as I have and yet she always say this whenever she sees Brock.

I rolled my eyes at my best friend and went over to Brock, "Good afternoon, Mr. Hasting. Nice to have you finally join me for lunch." I haven't seen him for a month since he left for his business trip.

He looked up from his iPad, grinned as I joined him, "Good afternoon, Ms. Winston." He put his iPad away and took a sip of his coffee, "What is the deal with Aden?"

"Um," I was finding the right words to explain to him when Sloane brought my coffee to me and said, "Mr. Handsome here paid for it, so don't even think about pulling your ugly ass wallet out."

Brock and I laughing at Sloane's choice of words and watched her sauntered back to her counter.

"So, Aden," Brock prompted. "I thought you said the chances of you bumping into Aden in the office is close to none."

"I did say that," I sipped on my coffee, "I didn't know my lucky draw included cash voucher and him,"

A frown appeared on Brock's handsome face, "You are sleep... Er, you didn't tell Aden that you are having lunch with me? He just walked in and he look like he is going to have my head on a silver platter,"

I turned around and found Aden, in his grey three-piece suit and a black tie, walking into the café with a very angry look. Sloane eyes darting between Aden and I.

"Sierra," Aden gritted, joining us at the table and looked at his friend, "Hasting, I am pretty sure I canceled the lunch."

"You did," Brock smiled at me then back at Aden, "But I'm not canceling on Sierra. I am also pretty sure Sierra can make her own decision."

I bit my lips. Uh-oh. Aden grabbed my hand and placed it in his, "Pardon my manners. Brock, this is my girlfriend, Sierra."

Brock snorted, took a sip of his coffee, "Aden, sexual partner and girlfriend is two very different thing. You can probably differentiate that."

Aden's fist clenched together. I saw him tightened his jaw. At the corner of my eyes, I saw my colleagues standing by the counter, glancing at us. I quickly took my hands away from Aden, cursing under my breath.

Aden frowned at my reaction, "Sierra?"

"My colleagues," I cleared my throat and looked away, "Your employees, my colleagues are getting coffee."

Brock studied the situation and he clicked his tongue, "Aden, you're making her life difficult, aren't you? We should leave. Sierra, I have to go London for a meeting on Abigail's birthday. So I'll have to bail on you and Sloane,"

I waved my hands, grabbed my bags, "It's fine. Have a safe trip. We will talk when you come back."

Aden is still deep in thought after Brock left. I nudged him, making sure he is leaving too, "You should go first,"

"Why?" Aden asked, his eyes narrowed, "Who is Sloane and Abigail?"

I want to hit him with my bag. My colleagues just saw us having coffee and he is still sitting here, asking that question. Have he forgotten I told him that I don't want to let anyone know about our relationship?

"I am Sloane," Sloane sat opposite us and looked at Aden, "Abigail is my daughter." Then Sloane looked at me with a serious look, "Your colleagues heard Aden introduced you as his girlfriend."

I grabbed my bag, said goodbye to Sloane without acknowledging Aden. As we crossed over to W International, he grabbed my elbow, "Sierra, I don't understand the anger coming from you when I'm supposed to be the one who is...."

"Do not talk to me right now, Mr. Wilder," I snapped, putting a distance between us and got on the lift. I watched Aden stopped the lift, stepped inside and his main security guard — Stewart, known as Stew stopped people from boarding this lift.

Aden then placed his card on panel, it will go directly to his office on the forty floor.

"I told you, I didn't want anyone to know about us. And, there you go, announcing to everyone in the cafe."

"Are you ashamed of me?" Aden asked, in a low voice. It was almost like a kid, getting scolded. My anger dissipated. I frowned, looking away from him. "I am not ashamed of you, Aden."

"I don't understand, Sierra. You don't want to date. You don't want people to know." He took a deep breath, "I know I said I will take it slow with you. But I don't think I can do that anymore, after seeing you and Brock. It might sound crazy, but I want everything of you. I never had a proper relationship and I want to try it with you,"

The lift opened. Aden took my hand, guided me into his office. His office is huge. A tall glass window, looking down to other skyscrapers. Everything in his office are organised and neat, except for the documents on his desk.

"Aden," I took my hands out from his, making sure he is not touching me so that I can think clearly, "People will think I got this job, this position because of you. I've worked my ass off and I'd hate it if people start challenging my work because I'm dating you."

Aden pulled me towards him and said, "You've proven your worth in the company. You have prove yourself with Joseph. I am very sure that no one will dare to challenge your position. If they can do a better job than you, Joseph would've given them that position instead."

"Sierra, I know you're an analyst and you analyse business for a living. But stop over-analysing us." He brushed his lips against mine, "And you need to start getting used to me. Because I don't think I can let you go now,"