Chapter 1 - Let's Date Guys, Make Friends, And Go To Parties

[A/N: Hey guys! So I really love Frozen. I also like Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians. And I thought, "Why not write a Fanfic about Elsa and Jack Frost living life in the real world?" Hope you enjoy! :)]

----

I wake up to the blare of my alarm clock. I hit the snooze button and bury my head under my pillow. There's a knock at the door. Without even asking, my little sister, Anna, strides into my room.

"Elsa," Anna says as she shakes my side. "Elsa, ya gotta get up. Mommy said that you're gonna be late!"

"Go away Anna," I mumble. "Tell mom I'm sick with the flu or something."

Before Anna can reply, a voice from the hallway shouts, "Good try Elsa! I heard that! Get ready 'cause you're not going to miss you're first day of high school!"

"Oh joy," I sigh. "I can't wait to live my first day as a freshman. Yay, go me!"

I glare at Anna to get her out of my room and she happily obliges. As she skips out of my room, I peer into my closet. I swear if I walked into it a little too far, I would never find my way out. My closet's filled top to bottom with junk - from baby shoes to baggy sweatpants.

I end up wearing a light blue button up with no sleeves, white shorts, and my new black Converse. When I walk into the kitchen, my mom gushes over my outfit and tells me to eat my pancakes. Mmmm. Pancakes are my favorite! While I eat my pancakes, some guy on CNN is talking about a freak, mid-fall snowstorm. Wow. I know we've had some crazy weather this year, but a snowstorm in September?

"Mom," I say with my mouth full. "Is what this guy saying true?" I motion towards the TV and swallow my food. "I mean, are we really going to have a snowstorm? It seems highly unlikely. Besides, it's such a nice day today so..." My mom laughs and tells me that you never know what the weather has in store for us.

A car honks once, twice, and then a third time. That's my cue. I kiss my mom and Anna goodbye. As I walk down the stone pathway that leads to my house, a voice yells, "Come on! Hurry up! I ain't got all day!" It's Caroline. She's been my best friend since I moved to Littlepoint in second grade. We're more like sisters than best friends - two peas in a pod.

I hop into the car and close the door. Caroline greets me with a contagious smile that I can't help but smile too.

"Hey darlin'. I bought your favorite! A-" Caroline starts to say, but I cut her off. "Grande Mint White Chocolate Crumble Frappuccino!?" I practically scream.

"Yes! But you didn't let me finish," Caroline says with a little annoyance while also going over the speed limit. Whenever she gets flustered or annoyed, her southern accent starts to show. I think that it's pretty but she hates it. She says that it makes her sound like a dork. That's pretty hard to believe. If anyone's the dork, it's me.

She's the one with beautiful, long, curly auburn hair. (You can tell how much I admire it by the description.) She's the one who gets invited to parties, has an amazing sense of fashion, and gets all the guys.

And then there's just me. The dork. The one that's picked last. The one who would give anything to mean something.

"Hun? Hello? Anybody in there?" Caroline questions.

"I, uh, sorry. I kinda got lost in my thoughts," I say.

"Well then, as I was saying, you didn't let me finish," Caroline eyes me to make sure I'm still listening. "I have the grandest idea ever! We should make an attempt to date guys, make other people our friends, and go to parties! It's great isn't it?"

I'm speechless. The car stays silent for what seems like forever. Main Avenue, Grol Street, and Yuken Road pass by and I still don't have a comment for Caroline's proposal.

----

As we pull into Halvery High School's parking lot, I break the silence. "Caroline, I don't, I mean, it's not that I don't want to, it's just that I'm not that kind of person. You could do all of that because you would fit in - you're beautiful, smart, and talented. I'm just there. No one gets me like you do."

"E, you're gonna find someone that understands you even more than I do one day. Never forget that. Someone out there is looking out for you."