Devotion

"A woman is what I am

"A woman is what I am." Leila whispered as she faced him, her eyes filled with sorrow but she smiled, as it had always been her mask. "And I have been a fool, a good little fool. For that is what we have always been, devoted little fools."

"I have never intended for this to happen." Rhaegar's eyes met hers, hints of sorrow clouding him. But he had always been sad, Leila thought. Sad and sorrowful as the day he had been born. "I never intended to make you to think this way, Leila. This had to happen and one day, you will find out. You will understand it one day, my dear."

"Leila had never been enough for him." Cersei said to her brother as she faced him, holding her heart into bareness. "The bards sing their song, my dear brother. How he loved his Lyanna but no one will ever sing about the woman he was wedded to, how she cried and cried and how she lost a child that day when the Silver Prince fell in love."

"I will be your Aemon Dragonknight, my dear sister. You are my Naerys and I am your Aemon." Jaime Lannister knelt to his sister, the princess who was to him forever, his queen. His smile had been her only joy in the world. "I will make sure you will cry no longer, not anymore. You will always wear that crown of winter roses. I will win every tourney for you, every joust and every melee so that you will never be shamed by your husband ever again."

"I never wanted any of this." Lyanna whispered as Leila listened, looking out into the window as she laid in her bed motionless. "I never wished of this, your grace. I have never intended to take your place or anything you have. It is yours and not mine. I never wanted any of this to happen."

"Leila did not deserve that slight!" Ashara Dayne hissed at her brother, her throat blasting in fury. "You should tell your lovely friend that, Arthur. If he isn't careful, the lion will devour the dragon."

"Dorne would have suited you more." Oberyn's smile was warm, something Leila had first known to adore about him. "You smile more there than here in this stinking city. At least there, there are vipers to protect you, not dragons to devour you."

"My lady is tired." Mors exclaimed harshly as the silver haired prince eyed him, his face plain and with no emotion. His Braavosi accent had not gone away. But of course, that only made him more intimidating. "I have been told that no one is to disturb her. And I obey it without fail."

Leila Lannister is the eldest daughter of Tywin Lannister and Joanna Lannister, sister to Cersei, Jaime and Tyrion Lannister. A girl who grew up away from the bustle of the miserable world, she finds herself in the center of attraction for the first time in her life. Once she got it, she hated it. Leila is forced to comply with the life she would live. A father who became cold, a sister who was ambitious, two brothers who loved her with great affection. But soon she got a husband who was the most mysterious man, a hollow crown on her head and a destiny filled with tragedy and heartache as the most important of times arises in her lifetime.

YAY NEW FANFIC EVEN THO I HAVEN'T FINISHED THE QUEEN OF STORMS BOOK II LMAO I JUST WANTED TO PUT THIS OUT THERE CAUSE I GOT INSPIRED BY THE WONDERFUL @martells and her wonderful depiction of the era of the Mad King Aerys. I loved it and soon I kept imagining a new story about Rhaegar Targaryen. And now here we are.

This will focus in different character perspectives and more I hope you'll enjoy this and I'll hope to post chapter one soon!

xoxoxoxo Author