Runnin the Devils Path

I can't believe they fired me just cause I have some damn tattoos, damn southern catholic schools. Let me explain myself here my name is Jocelyn Winston I'm 28 and have long curly dark brown hair and I'm a kindergarten teacher. Well I was to one of my students stuck up mother saw the one on the back of my shoulder which I got to say my self is my favorite tattoos, one because it's a horseshoe with a dream catcher in it, but anyways she told the principle of the school then he came down and fired me just what I F'n need right now. When I finish loading all my stuff from my old classroom into my truck, I hop in and start my truck. When I pull out of the parking lot my phone goes off I look at it and see it's my cousins wife Donna "hey Donna what's up" I say in a fake perky voice and she gets it right away "What happened Jo" "Oh you know a students stuck up bitch of a mother saw my tattoo on my shoulder told my boss so now I am unemployed." "oh you know a position just opened up at the kids school I tell the principal about and you can stay at our house for a little bit till you find your own place." "oh my god thank you, I have to go now tell Opie and the kids hi and keep this a surprise I haven't seen y'all since Kenny's second birthday so it's been awhile gotta go love ya." I go rent a trailer and go home and pack all my stuff up. Oh this is going to be a long night

I ended up going to bed about one in the morning after packing everything I woke up at 11 and packed everything in my ford super duty or the trailer I load my Harley into the trailer did I forget to say that I kinda grew up in a motorcycle club in California, I strap down my bike in the trailer so it doesn't fall and climb into my truck and start it up and head to a quick shop, I fill up and run inside and grab a couple snacks and a couple realtree energy drinks and go back outside and head out, for a almost three day drive yay... note the sarcasm. I can't wait to see Opie's face I haven't seen them in over 5 or 6 years, I also can't wait to see all the boys at the club again, all of them were like uncles to me my dad was in the club. I was raised there till he died when I was ten so I went to live with my mom in Nashville, Tennessee and grew up there then went to a community college then worked as a secretary at a record company so I'm friends with a lot of country artist one of my best friends is Miranda lambert and her husband blake, then I'm also friends with Luke Bryan and his wife. Which reminds me I should call Miranda and see if I can crash at her place. I pull out my phone and call her "hello this is Miranda" "hey Randa it's me Jo I was wondering if I can crash at your place tonight?" "Hun do you really need to ask that yes you crash here but your telling me everything when you get here it's kinda Lonely right now with Blake in L.A, so I'll see you later JoJo" I say goodbye and hang up. To keep awake I blast some Mötley Crüe and start the 10 hour drive to Tishomingo Ok.

Opie's POV:

I don't know why but Donna seems really happy and energetic and is deep cleaning the whole house, some thing or one is coming that made happy I just don't know what and she won't tell me either...

Jocelyn POV:

10 very long hours later I reach the gate to the Shelton's farm. I push the button on the gate Miranda's voice comes through "who is it?" "RanRan open the gate please" I say in a singsong voice " You got it JoJo" she sings back to me. The gate opens slowly I pull in and head down the drive, I pull up to the house before I even park Miranda runs out of the house and up to the truck. I open the door and jump out and she pulls me into a bear hug "Ran...can't...breath" she let's go of me "Why the hell didn't you call me back last month I was in town!" Oh shit... "Well I was on probation at work and if we hung out I would have had a hungover the next day, but it doesn't matter since they fired me yesterday..." "What why did they fire you I thought you liked working there at the school?" " I did but some of those moms can be stuck up bitches and I was wearing a v-neck that day and she saw my tattoo on my shoulder and told my boss so he fired me witch is fine since my cousin called after I got fired about a job opening there so I'm moving back to Cali." She looks at me wide eyed "man I'm gonna miss hanging out with you in town." She says in a sad voice then I relies Charming isn't that far from L.A "hey my hometown isn't that far from LA so I can come and visit you and Blake when y'all are up there." She looks at me happy now. Come on now let's get inside and you can tell me all about your past, if that's okay with you." She looks at me with hopeful eyes since no one but my mom knows about my past. All people knew is that I lived with my dad till he died. "Sure I'll tell you some"

"Well it all starts in Charming, California my dad was in a motorcycle club called the Sons of Anarchy him in his brother were both in it, they all kinda have nicknames there, my dad's name was Patrick but he had a Irish accent so they called him Patty my dad's brother is piney, I have no clue what is first name is but his son is Opie and the other kid that was our age in the club was Jax we were best friends till I moved to Nashville. My dad and my mom met she was there on a tour with her brother, my dad would say that when she first saw her that she was the light to his dark life, they dated and then they found out they were going to have me so my mom freaked out, they had me and my mom left back to Nashville, my dad didn't understand but he raised me in the club life of bikes, beer and women and that's all I knew till I moved to Nashville, did you know how he died he was hit by a damn semi and that's why I have that tattoo on my side and have a Harley, the first time I went back there was to my cousins Opie's wedding and I saw everybody that I had missed so much, I wanted to stay so bad but I was in the middle of college so I couldn't, the last time I was there was his son second birthday and that was about five years ago. So when I got fired its like my cousins wife knew and she called me and told me a position was open at her kids school, so I thought it was a good idea to go back and get a new start." I finish my little story I get my phone out and pull out a picture of Opie, me, and Jax. "Here's a picture from the birthday party the one who looks like a giant is Opie I'm in the middle and Jax is the blonde one I remember that I had the biggest crush on jax when we were younger heck I still kinda do." She looks at the picture and says to me "heck I don't blame you JoJo he's is kinda cute."

"So who do you think is kinda cute, Miranda" we both spin around to blake who was leaning against the doorway "ummm Jo's childhood crush." Says Miranda then she jumps off the couch and jumps onto Blake and hugs him and gives him a kiss "I thought you weren't coming home for a couple more days" she asked him and he just shrugs typical Blake. "Hey blake how much did you hear of that?" I ask him "all of it" he says. "Well I'm going to go to bed so if you guys stay up please be quiet." I give them a pointed look and Miranda blushes and blake shrugs again "Night y'all" with that I head to bed to get some much needed sleep.

Sorry for the grammar mistakes please vote or comment -Sister-Raven

also a picture of Jocelyn to the side. Also a video of Granger Smith's song "That's What I Do With It" It kinda goes with how I imagend her feeling that what ever comes her way she deals with it.