Last Sacrifice - Chapter Two (filler)

Please read and vote, comment or fan if you like it.

Sorry about the length, this isn't really a chapter, just a filler, an insight to what's actually going on in Rose's head. Hopefully, I'll be updating soon.

Chapter Two

I love Dimitri, of that I am certain. But sometimes one person's love isn't enough.

I spent months searching for him, trying to keep that promise. I dedicated everything I had to find and kill him. I risked everything; I risked the lives of everyone I love, Lissa's life, and for what?

I had gone to Russia - I had tracked and hunted him to help him - to kill him if that meant saving his soul. Once I had found out how to restore his soul and keep him alive, I had done everything in my power and more to make that happen. How could he just throw me to the side as if I was nothing to him now? How could this have happened? Did he not love me in the first place, was it all a lie?

It didn't matter in the end. He doesn't love me anymore, and I am actually starting to doubt if he ever did. No, I know he did, just not anymore: Love fades. Well, not mine. Definitely not mine, Dimitri. I will always love you, forever and always, but perhaps now I realise my mistake; should I have just killed you?

He doesn't want to live anymore, doesn't have the will. He may have his morals back now but he can never be the same as he once was: He'll never be my Dimitri again. And he doesn't want to be.

I did everything to bring him back to me; he was my life - the only thing I ever wanted. He was my focus, my home. He was my reason for everything. He was the only thing I have ever wanted and now he didn't want me. What was I supposed to do? I have nothing, no one.

With Dimitri and Lissa only becoming closer, there was nothing else for me. Everyone had something, someone to live for, except me, with Dimitri alive again and his new found devotion to Lissa, neither of them needed me anymore, I had been replaced. Perhaps if I had just killed him, everything would be different, perhaps I could have moved on and Lissa and I would have been happy together, but no, I can't wish for that, I refuse to, I will not regret saving Dimitri, even if he doesn't appreciate it, I love him and for that reason, I can never wish him dead.

Lissa had her Guardian and a new best friend and that left me with all of nothing. So you see; it's not that I deserve this punishment - there was a reason behind everything I ever did - I just told them that because it was easier. It's just, there's no point in me anymore, that's why it won't matter when I die.

Thank you for readingx

I read over the first chapter and thought about it, I realised that I wasn't writing about Richelle Mead's character, Rose. Rose is stubborn and never thinks she's wrong or is in need of punishment so I sort of turned it around, I'm trying to head back to how the characters should be.

Please comment, vote or fan if you like it and I'm always grateful for constructive criticism... I want to improve.

So yeah, please comment!!!

Thanks again for readingx