New Beginnings: A Zariana One Shot

It had been two months. A very two long months since Zac moved to Arizona to live with his father who he hadn’t seen in years. As much as it hurt Mariana to let Zac go she knew it was something he needed to do. Of course she supported him, she was there when he needed her. She’d be lyin’ if she said there wasn’t a day that she didn’t miss seeing that smile that could light up a room or those precious brown eyes of his.

Of course they would face time, text and talk on the phone but it wasn’t the same. She missed having her best friend and possible potential boyfriend around. Mariana just let out a sigh as she laid there on her bed checking her phone every five seconds. Callie gave her a funny look.

“Okay, I’ll bite. What’s wrong?” Callie asked as she got up from her bed and made her way over to Mariana’s and took a seat next to Mariana.

“It’s just that I miss him. I know he had to do what’s best for him. I understand that but I feel like I’m losing everyone I love. Lexi’s gone, Zac left, not to mention what happened to Brandon.” Callie cringed when Mariana brought up what happened to Brandon. No one was to blame but Vico but Callie did feel guilty for the things that she said to him. He swore that everything was fine between them. “Who is next?”

“Oh Mariana. No one is going anywhere. Everyone is fine. Brandon is fine. Sure he’s struggling with not being able to play the piano. But he’s met this new girl Lou so I’ve heard. But he’s fine Mariana. If Lexi and Zac didn’t have to leave I’m sure they’d still be here. You’ll always have your family. You’ll always have me.” Callie was a bit jealous of the fact that Brandon had taken interest in this new girl.

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d say that you’re jealous of Landon.” Callie didn’t say anything the look on her face said it all. “Oh Cal, you’ve got Wyatt. What more could you want? Plus, Lou can’t hold a candle to you.”

“I know I have Wyatt but what I feel for Brandon isn’t just going to go away if it does at all. But that’s not important. I’m happy with Wyatt and he seems happy with Lou. So I’m not too worried about that. We need to get ready to leave for school. Come on. We’ll finish this conversation later.” That was Callie’s way of saying no they wouldn’t be finishing it.

“Whatever you say.” Mariana grabbed her stuff and followed Callie down the stairs. Jude and Jesus had already left. Lena was taking Brandon to the doctor to get his hand checked on.

Mariana couldn’t help but think about how perfect a relationship with Zac would be. It’s not like they could do a long distance thing. Lord knows those never work out. Mariana knew that she couldn’t handle having her broken into a million pieces by a boy who she cared so much about. It was for the best. Mariana was so consumed by her thoughts she didn’t realize that she and Callie were now at Anchor Beach.

“Hey. I’m gonna go find Wyatt. I’ll see you later.” Callie gave Mariana a hug before heading off to go find Wyatt. Mariana knew that Callie and Wyatt weren’t going to last because no matter how hard Callie tried to feel what she felt for Brandon she’d never feel that for Wyatt. Little did Callie know that Mariana knew that she’d be crying herself to sleep at night. She knew why. Brandon. But it wasn’t because of him. It was because of the feelings she felt for him.

Mariana kept walking until something or more like someone caught her eye. Those brown eyes, she’d never be able to forget them no matter how hard she tried. “Zac?” She thought. Then she yelled his name for real this time. When the mystery guy heard the name Zac he turned and looked at Mariana.

Sure enough it was Zac. Mariana felt as if she and Zac were the only two in the world right now. She was completely oblivious to the world around them. She dropped her bag and started to run towards him and he did the same. You know the way two people run to each other in movies to make it all dramatic. Yes. Like that.