A simple encounter to change their world

"Don't stick with him."

"He's a delinquent with a bad influence... "

"He isn't someone you should hang out with."

Countless warnings were given to Akira about this one troublemaker at this school. With his curved posture, his dyed hair and his short temper, he really did look like one. His situation was no different than from Akira, since he, on the other hand, had a criminal record labeled on his name.

But Akira really did wonder if Ryuji was such a bad person. Maybe those rumors were all fake and he would actually be a pretty nice guy, but nobody would know, anyways, since everyone would avoid him.

Akira just couldn't figure out why Ryuji was seen like such a bad person. Was it because of his mediocre grades? Or perhaps his physical appearance? Or he was actually part of some really shady stuff?

Nobody knew, and nobody took interest in it.

Nobody exept him.

---

Akira was just carrying out his duties as a well behaved student, until the day he encountered Ryuji.

It was purely coincidental, but Akira really thought that it was fate. An absolute fate that could never be changed.

---

It only started with Ryuji trying to find a peaceful place to eat lunch. He'd normally eat alone, but it's not like his reputation would allow him eat with other people. The rooftop was where he'd end up eating, most of the times.

Coincidentally, Akira was also searching for a quiet place to eat his lunch.

And that's how they both met on the rooftop.

Ryuji was already sitting there, on top of a desk with a sort of bread on his right hand.

Akira was the one who accidentally stumbled upon Ryuji.

Their first meeting was silent. No words came out from either of their mouths. Akira was just standing there with the handle of the door still in his hand, while looking towards Ryuji.

But it turned out for the worst as a teacher came at that precise moment.

Both of them got into detention, as the teacher scolded the two teens. They had to stay at school after the end of classes.

---

The classroom was quiet. They just had to reflect on their own actions and write it down, but really, what was so bad about going up to the school rooftop?

Ryuji was already used to it, and he probably memorised the exact words he'd always write each time he got caught on the roof. Akira, on the other hand, didn't have a clue on what to write. The sound of a pencil scratching against paper was the only thing resonating inside Akira's ears.

...

"uh..." Akira looked over at Ryuji.

"..." Ryuji kept writing on his paper.

"..." Akira tried not to disturb the concentrated student. He did notice how Ryuji didn't seem hostile at all. His gaze was relaxed and focused on the paper while his wrist kept moving at a fast pace.