Prologue

Disclaimer: Everything belongs to JK Rowling I own nothing.

Author's Note: This story has been deleted from this site at least two times and this time, I'm just posting it without any book excerpts - I hope you'll be able to keep track of why the characters react the way they do with where in the book they stop to comment. Good luck!

Hoping For A Better Future

BOOK ONE

Prologue - The Letter

It was nearing midnight and Harry Potter was still awake. No matter how much he tried to fall asleep, it was impossible, for he had too much on his mind. It was only last week that he had met his godfather Sirius Black for the first time and found out that he hadn't betrayed his parents to Voldemort, but instead it was another friend of his father's by the name of Peter Pettigrew that did. It was only last week that his favourite teacher in the whole world, Remus Lupin, resigned and left the castle. No matter how much his friends meant to him and how much time he spent with them, he couldn't help but feel lonely. It took all his willpower not to break down crying when the realization that he couldn't go and live with his godfather and instead had to return to his relatives set in. If only he had caught Pettigrew before he ran away, if only Lupin hadn't forgotten his potion (not that he blamed him), if only… if only… if only…

Suddenly it was too much for Harry as he slid down the wall and rested his head on his knees, his robes absorbing the tears that slid through his eyes that he closed. He was unaware of the pain in his nose where his glasses were digging into his flesh, but he did suddenly become aware of the pain in his head as something fell on top of it.

"OW!" he yelped as he looked on the floor next to him where a package was laying innocently. He picked it up with one hand while massaging his head with the other. It was an innocent looking package and Harry opened it (he was curious as to how a package of books fell on his head out of nowhere after all). Inside the package, there were seven books. After reading the title of the first book he almost dropped the whole package on his toes. Its title was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. But it was impossible – for as far as he knew, the only books that he was mentioned in where Modern Magical HistoryThe Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts and Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century. And even that piece of information came from Hermione Granger, one of his best friends and the smartest witch he knew (even if she was a nag sometimes). He knew that she would have told him if there were other books written about him.

He quickly skimmed over the titles of the other books and they all started with his name. Curious to know more, he went to open the first book and see what was written about him, but the book wouldn't open past the first page and the piece of parchment that was stuck on it. Instead of trying to force the pages of the book to open, he went to read what was written on the parchment.

Dear Harry,

You must be wondering who wrote those books about you and why Hermione didn't know about it.

Harry blinked at the first sentence, for that was indeed what he was wondering about. He thought the sentence over for a few more minutes and then gasped. Could it be that the writer of this letter was from the future? Or even his future self? He knew about time-travelling, because Hermione was in the possession of a time-turner for the past school year and he had even travelled to the past and saved Sirius from the Dementors. With that realization, he quickly turned his attention back to the letter.

Yep, you guessed correctly. I am your future self – or at least your previous future self if you decide to change the future after you've read this book and the other six that are in the package. Each of the books is a story about one of your years at Hogwarts and they are to be read in this order: