Butterflies and Business Suits

Prompt: So how about "You think I'm nervous because you're interviewing me for this high end job but actually it's because you're stupidly hot" AU with Bruce? by anon

Y/N didn't have butterflies in her stomach. Butterflies would be pleasant, little delicate wings brushing around inside her.

No, it felt like a chicken had taken up roost in her abdomen the way that her heart beat like it was performing for a crowd.

It wasn't even the interview itself that was bothering her. She knew she was qualified and capable. Her resume was filled with so much experience and references that any company would be insane to pass her up.

The only problem was the man currently surveying the aforementioned resume.

The borderline inhumanly attractive Bruce Wayne.

It really didn't help that he looked really impressed by whatever he was currently reading.

"So are you asking me to hire you or am I asking you to accept my job offer?" Bruce said with a slight smile.

"Either is fine as long as I leave with employment, Mr Wayne." Y/N said with nervous laugh.

Bruce's smile widened. The interview continued seamlessly. Bruce could tell that the woman in front of him was very nervous, so he attempted to lighten the mood with humor. What he didn't know was that this only made him seem more attractive, which made her more nervous.

Towards the end of the interview, he realized what it was. He bit back a smirk at realizing this beautiful professional woman was intimidated by his looks.

He paused and looked at her. "I think we can end this interview here. I think you are exactly the person for this job."

"Thank you, Mr. Wayne." Y/N answered.

"No problem, Ms. L/N." Bruce smiled as he watched the woman gather her things and walk out the door.

"Mr. Wayne? You're three o'clock is here." His secretary said as she stuck her head in the door.

"Thank you." Bruce said as he gathered the papers for the next meeting. He paused and smirked "Oh, could you arrange for flowers to be sent to Y/N L/N? As congratulations on her new job. I'll want to sign the card personally."