〜☆〜Chapter Five〜☆〜

〜☆〜Chapter Five〜☆〜

Sitting down on the chilly, metal bench in the park, Leif counted out the days takings. His dog laying beside his feet, snoring away, his coat now clean from a bath earlier on in the week.

Curving his lips into a smile, he quickly pocketed the money into a zipped up pocket.

Casting his attention down towards his dog, he fussed the mutt on his belly. Standing up, he gave a quick whistle, chuckling as the dog bolted upright ready for commands, his tail wagging back and forth in a blur.

Walking into the buzzing mass of people, Leif pushed his way through the crowds. Almost getting lost on more than one occasion due to the crowds directional flow.

Entering into the less crowded part of the city, Leif made his way down the unfamiliar streets. Scratching his head in thought, he stood still by the shop wall, thinking of what to do next.

"This is why I hate crowds." Leif moaned, closing his eyes in thought.

Sighing, he looked up and across the street at the racket going on with a group of people, each wearing a red bandana somewhere on their bodies.

Eyes widening in shock, Leif attempted to hide in the shadows. Bending down to his dog, he whispered into his ear, watching as his dog trotted off into the darkening distance.

"Why the hell do I have such rotten luck." Leif grumbled, wishing he wore a hoodie to hide his unique hair colour.

Slinking further into the shadows, Leif cursed as one of the member looked directly at him. Shoving the other members, he pointed Leif out to the others. The group erupted into cheers, pushing the one Leif encountered a week ago to the fore front.

Leif's eyes narrowed as he cursed, taking a moment to calm and compose himself, he stepped out of the shadows. Leaning on the wall, he raised one hand, making a lazy wave to the thug.

"Yo," He smiled. "long time no see eh." Leif stated calmly and in a friendly manner.

"Yeah," The thug replied, stepping forward threateningly towards Leif. His dark brown eyes shinning dangerously, the red bandana flapping silently in the light breeze.

"How's ya sister? I went to see her but oddly enough I couldn't find her," He stated sarcastically. "Strange that."

"Very strange indeed." Leif agreed in the same manner, nodding his head in agreement.

Folding his arms over his chest, Leif looked directly into the mans face. His greasy, long brown hair covered most of his face. Dirt and muck lined his nails and pores. The crimson bandana, embroidered with dark red thread into Celtic markings, wrapped loosely round his head. His jeans ripped and torn, the black leather jacket printed with a famous brand, equipped with silver studs.

"Your ribbon is very fetching," Leif teased, looking and nodding towards the bandana.

"Little red." Leif beamed, as the gangster's face grew as crimson as his bandana.

Balling his hands into fists at the side of his body, his hands white from the pressure. He shook with anger and pure hatred. His eyes wide and his breathing rapid. Gazing down to the floor, he took a moment to control his breathing.

"Why you," He started, his voice surprisingly quiet.

"What's wrong little red? Wolf caught your tongue." Leif smirked.

Trembling and shaking, the gangster creeped forwards at an even walk. Taking each step slow and steady. Ignoring the excessive remarks and cheers from his friends.