“And I can see your mystery girl is right here.” Ben noted, still staring at Emily. “Which is good, we should get down to business then.” He said looking up at Jackie who sighed as she took a seat on Ben’s right. “I’m not so sure about this, Benjamin.” Ben snorted and waved a hand dismissively

                “Don’t be absurd, Jacklyn.” He said “This plan of mine is perfect.”

                “And what is your plan exactly?” Alex pried; Ben grinned once more at his question and looked over at Emily.

                “Emily right?” he said, Emily nodded. She had a bad feeling about what he was about to say. “Well, as you can see. I am Ben, and I am the band’s publicist.” He said politely, Emily just nodded. She would have shook his hand but he was too far away “Anyways, I believe you are the secretary slash assistant?” Emily shrugged but nodded anyways.

                “Yeah, last time I checked.” His grin grew wider; Emily swore he was starting to look like the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland.

                “Perfect, just perfect.” Ben said happily, sounding like some greedy thief who just saw an unguarded vault of money. He rubbed is hands together in satisfaction, Adrian cleared his throat.

                “And you plan is what exactly?” Adrian asked

                “Two words my dear boys,” Ben started as he leaned over the table. They all stared at him “Fake. Girlfriend.” He said, a grin starting to form on his lips once more.

                Emily felt her jaw drop. She stared at Ben who was still grinning in outrage. Jack who was sitting next to Alex across the table grinned just like their publicist and then laughed “That would be awesome!” he said, which made Ben happier and Emily angrier “I must say, you really are good, Ben.”

                “Why thank you, Jackson.” Said Ben as he took another sip of juice; looking like he was sipping champagne “Have I ever told you that you were always my favorite?” Jack grinned smugly, he was about to say something cocky but Emily beat him to it.

                “It is a clever idea, I’ll admit that. But haven’t you thought about what the public would think? That they might see that it’s just some kind of publicity stunt? Which – forgive my bluntness – really is one?” she pointed out, failing to mask the annoyance in her voice.

                “I think she’s right.” Dylan said in agreement “The public isn’t as stupid as, Jack you know.” The said boy shot him a death glare and rude hand gestures which Jackie immediately told him off for.

                Ben snorted “Oh please, they won’t notice a thing.” He said “The thing with publicity stunts is you have to know how to pull it off. I can assure you; about ninety percent of the couples at Hollywood are just for show.”

                “Oh really?” Emily said testily, Ben nodded

                “Yes.” He said confidently as he leaned back against his chair “Name me a couple, still together or not and I shall tell you if their relationship was or is a fraud.” Emily crossed her arms in front of her and leaned against the table.

                “Brad and Angelina?”

                “Stunt.” Ben answered with a yawn

                “David Beckham and Posh Spice?”

                “Stunt.”