Lesson's in Life

Teaching has alway's been Sidney's passion eversince she was a  young women growing up .  The past four  year's flew by as she graduated from her dream school. Right now there was an opening in the local school where she went as a young girl. Sidney sat in her  apartment she shared with one of her closest's friends from school. Currently Paige was out with her boyfriend of three year's Louis  leaving her alone thinking about the teaching possition. Sidney picked up her phone quickly texting paige telling her that she finally made up her mind. “ Im going for it, i’ll see you both later”. Gathering her purse taking a split second to check out her outfit in the mirror.  Reached behind the door to grab her old letterman jacket  she slipped outside. The day was a bit chilly in the shade but lovely in the sun a perfect day for shopping. Starting her car fireworks by katy perry was blasting turning the volume down slightly she slowly backed out heading toward’s the mall. The mall was only twenty minute’s from her downtown apartment.

Once inside the mall locating the mall map she headed off toward’s Forever 21. On the way there was a giant stage with many what looked to be hockey fan’s standing. She stopped for a moment as there was a jam infront of her . Glancing over her shoulder she saw a banner fall on stage with some player’s name’s.Quickly glancing at the name’s one stuck out to her better the the rest HALL. Shaking her head brushing it off she waited as the jam began moving. She went to move forward when someone walked into her. Quickly she glanced up to meet a man a couple of inche’s taller then her he had an edmiton oiler’s hat on with bang’s infront of his one eye. She froze for a momen’t stepping to the side as the man smiled at her. “ Sorry , I wasn’t watching where i was going “ he spoke as a security guard behind him pushes him “ You’re late to the stage mr hall no talking “. Sidney took a giant step back letting taylor go. 

Thinking for a moment sidney switched  direction’s following the bossy secuirty guard. It was kind of impossible to keep up with taylor almost running toward’s the stage. Finally catching her breath as they all made it to a down esclator. Once on the ground floor sidney got seperated as the sea of hockey fan’s began filling the small area near the stage. Sidney found a good spot near the front of the line closet to the stage. Glancing around as the crowd quieted down as some lady walked out onto stage. Sidney pulled out her phone checking the time 12:50. Meaning hopefully after this little thing she could go shopping for a few things before the interview in the morning.  Sliding her phone back inside her pocket the place went silent.

Sidney stood next to a few younger fan’s that were wearing a few of the olier’s jerseys. She was tapped on the shoulder by one of them. Turning her attention  the younger girl leaned to whisper in her ear trying not to cause a scene. “ Don’t look now but taylor’s got his eye’s glued to you” she says before telling her friends. Sidney slowly glance’s up at the stage sure enough taylor was looking her straight in the eyes. Sidney blushed looking quickly away from the stage trying not to let taylor intimidate her . Just then the lady turned on the microphone causing it to squeak very loud. As the crowd covered their ear’s for a brief momen’t sidney noticed taylor talking to a younger man that looked young. Then taylor appeared to take his phone out texting someone without taking his eye’s off of her. 

“ I would like to welcome you all to the yearly meet & greet with the Edmiton Oilers I’m Jenna and in the next hour you will get to ask the player’s question’s and after you get to meet them”. Sidney took a look around as most of the people had their hand’ s up. She closed her eye’s for a moment trying not to freak out. Sure she was a people person but to be trapped with people now shoving and pushing trying to get jenna to notice them to ask their player a question was getting on her nervous. The girl next to her noticed her “ Are you going to be ok” she asked just as sidney opened her eyes. Sidney glanced over at her “ Ya i’ll be fine it’s just all the shoving and pushing” she says as the player’s answer the questions. 

The girl was silent as she heard taylor speaking to a fan as sidney watched him. Sidney noticed a faint scar across taylor’s forehead. Without thinking sidney raised her hand hoping that jenna woulde see her. The girl next to her smiled at her watching as jenna was choosing another fan to ask a question. Leaning over to sidney the girl whispered “ I know a special way of getting your question answered” The girl quickly pulled out her phone texting someone as jenna pick on someone else. Sidney quickly put her hand down. 

The crowd was getting smaller as half of the fan’s already leaft leaving only a small group hanging around. Sidney turned to the girl as she pulled out her phone checking the time again. It was half past two the meet and greet were all over and her question still didn’t get answered. Sidney placed her phone inside her bag just as she saw someone headed their way. She froze noticing it was taylor he walked over hugging the girl that has been standing next to her all day. Sidney figured she didn’t want to ruin the small get together so she began to leave. 

"Wait sid" she heard him yell after her, sidney stopped turing around sharply nearly colliding into a pole. Stepping around it she slowly made her way back to the little group where taylor was. She stopped when she was only feet from him. He placed the hat back on his forhead having his scar covered up. 

" I can't believe it's you" he says taking in her appearance 

" Umm ya it's the same old me" she say's noticing the girl off to the side in shock

" It's been forever , I see you met lottie" he says 

" We'll not offically i was getting to that " Lottie says stepping forward

" Lottie Marie Hall at your service" she says trying not to laugh

" You're taylor's cousin" sidney ask's 

" Umm No that would be Lorielle" lottie spoke

" she's my kid sister " taylor says speaking up 

" You never told me you had a baby sister" sidney says 

" Because she didn't come untill you moved and i didn;t have anyway of talking to you" he says 

" Bull taylor your parent's talked to mine alot" sidney says getting mad

" Then i don't know why my mom didn't tell your's" he says stepping back

" I see that you finally made your dream's come true" sidney says

"  I was hoping to invite you to the draft but our parent's stopped talking by then" he says 

" I wonder why, mom still has pictures up of us growing up " sidney spoke 

" More then likely our agenda's got crazy you with your dance and horseback riding" he says 

" and you trying to be the next great hockey player" sidney shoot's back

" I wasn't the greatest player" taylor says

" You were off the ice, all the party's , getting with all the girls" sidney says

" That was year's ago, ive changed" taylor says just as someone else appear's 

" Hey taylor baby ready to go" the women ask's 

" Yea he's ready to go ," sidney answer's for him before walking away.  Taylor freezes