Beginnings

Keith was a chubby baby. He was chubby until he was three. That was when his sister came.
He was laying on the floor of his family's house coloring with crayons, he preferred to work with pinks and reds. Pink was a recent development since his dad told him he was getting a sister.
"Keith, we're home!" His dad smiled, opening the door for Keith's mom.
Keith didn't care if she was different from the other moms.
Keith loved her anyway, and he toddled up to her with open arms and hugged her.
"Hey there honey," she smiled, her ruby lips curling into a smile as she rubbed noses with her son.
"Is she hewe?" Keith smiled hopefully.
"She is, do you want to see her?" Keith's dad asked, kneeling on the ground with a bundle of soft pink blankets.
"Go on, take a peek," his mom gently nudged him towards his father.
Carefully, Keith removed the corner of blanket that was obstructing his view of his sister.
"She's beautiful like you mama!" Keith beamed at his sister. She had ebony hair, chubby rose colored cheeks, and the biggest honey colored eyes ever seen. He gently touched one of her pointed ears, and then looked at his mom, "she has your ears, but... you still have some? Did you take extra?"
His parents laughed for a moment. "If you sit down you can hold her," his dad smiled gently.
Immediately upon hearing this, Keith sat on the ground with his arms stretched outward.
"Be careful, she's very delicate," his dad handed his sister to him.
"Hewo, my name is Keith, what's your name?" He smiled, brushing her hair away from her eyes.
She stared at him for a moment and smiled a toothless smile. "Her name is Miya," his mom smiled.
"Hewo Meeyuh!" He smiled, rubbing his pale white nose to her purple tinged nose. This caused her to crinkle her tiny button nose. "I wub you, and nobody will ever huwt you, udderwise I will destwoy dem."
That was the day he took his very first oath, he promised to always protect his sister, and he meant to keep it, or die trying.

It was two years later when the triplets came.
"Is dey hewe yet?" Miya asked, looking at her brother.
"I don't think so, stop moving, your pigtails will be wonky!" He laughed happily. Miya's ebony hair had grown in at an unusual rate and was softer than mom's.
"Keith! Miya! We're home!"
"Yay!" Miya squealed, as Keith picked her up and gave her a piggy back ride, all the way to the door where their parents were.
"Can we see him?" Keith asked, smiling up at mom and dad. Miya took notice and did the same.
"Pwease?" She asked, looking up at them with those big honey eyes.
"Of course," Mom smiled, sitting on the floor to show them the new baby.
"Awww! He's so cute!" Miya squealed. Keith carefully scrutinized the baby's face, looked at his father, and then looked his mother in the eyes.
"Mom, that's a girl." He stated, as though it was as easily spotted as the sun.
"Well," mom looked up at dad, "we had a little surprise."
"Honey, little is an understatement." Keith's father laughed, kneeling on the floor. "Keith, Miya, these are your brothers, and that's your sister."
"Three? We have three!" Miya smiled at Keith, grabbing his hands and spinning around.
"Yay three!" Keith smiled at his little sister.
"Can we hold them?" Miya asked dad.
"Yep, sit on the floor," dad smiled, remembering how Keith reacted when he first met Miya. She did the same thing he did, arms outstretched and everything.
Keith sat on the floor next to her and crossed his legs. Keith, with what little memory he had at the time, remembered vividly what Miya looked like when she came home. Her ears had grown sharper, and longer. Her eyes had grown a shade more golden, and she was beautiful.
Carefully, they were handed the babies, Miya was holding one of the boys, he had brown hair, a sharp nose, pointed ears, and pale skin. "His name is Aodh," mom smiled at Miya.
Keith was holding the other two babies, "they all look so alike," he whispered, staring at them. They were staring back at him, finally, the baby boy in his right arm reached up and touched Keith's nose. "Aww, I like you too!" Keith warmed right up to the triplets and kissed them all on the forehead. Miya did the same.
"What are all of their names mom?" Keith asked looking up from the baby blue eyes that were staring at him.
"Well, there's Aodh, Fintan," she pointed to the other boy, and then turning to the baby girl, "and this is little Sorcha."
"Hello everybody! I yuv you!" Miya smiled at the babies.
"We love you too Miya!" Keith said in a funny voice, gently moving Fintan's lips with his fingers. This made Fintan laugh joyously, and it was such a contagious laugh that the other babies began laughing.
"Awww!" Mom and dad cooed over the smiling and laughing children.