The Feeling of Being Watched

Authors Note

--------

Its been a while guys :D well I'm back and I have some new spine tingling horror/thriller stories for you. This is going to be my second short story now and I hope you like it and if you do a vote and comment would be appreciated! ;D That's all I have to say for now so I'll let you read.

P.S. I dedicated it to my wonderful sister ;D

--------

You know that feeling you get when someone is staring at you? Do you get that feeling when you're home, home alone I may add and you get that feeling right down in your gut? I do, everyday now for the past two months. It's hard to shake off when you have this strange feeling in the back of your head that you're being spied on at all times. I just can't stop the thought from creeping into the back of my mind! It's like this everywhere I go!! The mall, school, the supermarket, even my own backyard. I'll look over my shoulder thinking someone's behind me but, there won't be a soul around. People think I'm just being paranoid but, I know someone's there! I try to tell people but, they all just ignore me, thinking I'm crazy so I try to do the same and ignore the feeling.

After a month or so of forgetting about it or trying to I know that it's not helping or working. The feeling is just eating me alive. Week after week, day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute I check all around me to see if there's anyone around. The same thing happens every time I check around and there's nothing or no one.

2 months later

--------

I thought I should get away from my house for a bit and take a vacation to get my mind off of it all. Let me tell you I had a blast! I went down to New Hampshire with a group of my friends and we stayed in a little cottage for a week. We swam, had camp fires, and enjoyed every second of it! All those thoughts of it being the best idea to go on vacation got destroyed and pummeled to a pulp when I got home.

My face drained of all the color and warmth as I stood there starring at what has happened to my home. The place was trashed to say the least!! The table was smashed in to a million pieces, the chairs were tossed around like rag dolls, the couch was flipped over with all the pillows shredded, every last one of my windows were broken, the sink looked like it had been kicked until it finally started spraying water out in a stream of water, all my counter tops were busted inwards, and everything else demolished!!

That wasn't the worst part though.... on my ceiling it said "Let this be a lesson to not leave without permission!!" I almost threw up. After I stood there for a bit letting it sink in I grabbed my duffle bag from the trip and my purse then bounded as fast as my legs would take me to my car. I locked the doors and started to drive to my friends house calling the police on the way. "911 What is your emergency?" I hear a female voice say "I went on a vacation and when I got home today my house was destroyed and there was a message on my ceiling from person who broke in!!" After giving the lady more information about where I live and where I'm going now, I hung up and called my friend to ask to stay at her house.

2 days later

--------

"Please tell me everything you know." Says the police officer in a stern but friendly tone "For the past four months I have had a weird feeling I was being watched so one day I decide to go on vacation for a week and when I came home my house looked like a bomb went off!!!" I throw my arms in the air "Also there was a message on the ceiling!!!" "Now ma'am we think we have figured out what happened." He says and I almost scream WHAT at the top of lungs but, resist to sound more mature!! "What happened and who did it?" I ask trying to calm myself "We have this report with pictures that you can read and if you have any questions you can ask me, but be warned it can be very gruesome."

He hands me the file and I grab it and open it eagerly, it says "We have found a sequence of tunnels just big enough for a man to crawl through. After following the tunnels through the house we find a small room with trash scattered everywhere including old cans of food, pictures of the woman, torn pieces of clothing, and lots of blood. We did not find the person responsible for the construction of the tunnels but when we further inspected the backyard we found a man in his early 30s with jet black hair and dark blue eyes under the porch with no cloths on, he was eating a live rat. We had to shoot the man because he would not come out and would try to bite and kick the men. That is all we have found out for now."

I then go through the the picture and My mouth drops to the floor when I see the picture of the mans face. "Is something wrong ma'am?" Asks the officer "I know this man... he was my ex-boyfriend Tyler."

-FireWall