Going, Going, Gone (Watty Awards 2012)

"And the lovely Summer Terme has been sold, for ten thousand, five hundred dollars. Summer, please join your purchaser at table thirty two."

Avelyn Doncaster watched as the light skinned, dark haired girl walked at a snails pace to table thirty two, where a man that was atleast two times her age sat, smiling a smile of satisfaction.

It's absolutely disgusting what they're doing to these girls. To think, in a year, that's going to be me up on that platform, being bid on by creepy old pedophiles looking for new toys. . .

"Sold!"

That one word always made Avelyn cringe. Every time the man running the auction called, 'sold', another girl was being forced into the home of a man she'd never met before, to do whatever pleased him. They could be a slave, a lover, a companion, whatever suited their fancy.

"Avelyn, let's go. We have a banquet to get to." Her father called. Avelyn turned from the gruesome scene before her, and walked out of the auction hall to join her father and one of her many step-mothers, outside.

"There's my beautiful girl." Pierre Doncaster crooned, caressing Avelyn's cheek. Avelyn could only offer back a smile, before shoving her hands in her sweater pockets and following her father and Sohenya-todays chosen wife- to the air car park.

Avelyn waited as her father entered their air car, followed closely by Sohenya, who was helped into the car by her husband. With a small jump, Avelyn too, was in the air car. She sat down in her designated seat at the back of the vehicle, did up her safety belt, and then sat back.

Her father had made her sit at one of the running auctions while he and Sohenya went shopping for a new dress. It was their one year anniversary soon, and father wanted Sohenya to look nice for him.

If nice means looking like some sort of uncivilized hooker.

"Elyn. Avelyn. Avelyn!"

Her fathers shrill voice plucked her out of her thoughts.

"Y-yes, father?" She asked, looking him straight in his green-grey eyes.

"When we get home, I need you to get dressed in something nice. We're having guests over tonight to celebrate Sohenya and I's first full year together."

Avelyn nodded and then turned her head to the window. How badly she wished she could just jump out the window of the air car and fly away like a bird. To be free was her one wish. Sadly, that was one with that wouldn't be granted anytime in the near future. Her father was ecstatic for the day to come when his only daughter would get sold; that would mean more money.

A sigh escaped Avelyn's lips at the thought of what sleezy old dirt-bag was going to be her purchaser. That was one thought that had firmly rooted itself in her mind. Whoever bought her could use her for whatever he wanted.

The air car stopped, and Avelyn unbuckled her belt. She waited for her father and Sohenya to exit, and then followed on their heels. It was only customary to let your superiors exit before you.

"Avelyn, dear," Sohenya called, "I'd prefer if you didn't wear anything green tonight, for my new dress is that colour."

Avelyn bit her lip and nodded, before walking down the hallway to her bedroom. Her bedroom door was barricaded with various locks and voice acitvations mechanisms to prevent any unwanted visitors in her private quarters. She punched in the number sequence; 09-25-67, her birthdate, and then various other numbers that had significant meaning to her. Soon, the white door of her bedroom clicked open, and she entered.

Her bedroom was painted a light lilac colour, and all her furniture made of only the finest white wood. Light shone in through the large window on the west side of the room, signalling that it was nearing sunset. She let out an audible groan, and walked over to her closet.

"Dress, dress, dress..." She chanted quietly, flipping through the endless racks of clothing. After fifteen minutes of searching, she found what she was looking for. A knee-length, strapless, baby blue dress with intricate lace designs all over the bust and waist line. It was elegant, and wouldn't steal Sohenya's spotlight.

She slipped on the dress, a pair of silver flats, and then walked downstairs.

--------------------------------------

So what do all of you think so far? Think I could get a Watty Award?

Comment

Vote

Fan c:

Kisses xx