The Doll - English Project Oneshot.

**A/N: Okay, so I just wanted to upload this because I haven't uploaded anything in a while now. And this is REALLY, REALLY sucky, by the way. It's something I made in english class in about an hour while having a major writers block and being stressed and out of ideas. So don't expect anything good. And it's supposed to be a horror story of some sort(that was the assignment), but... It's not scary. So yeah.**

-

It was around seven o’ clock in the evening, in the middle of November. The winter had come early this year, and snow was layered thick outside. They sky was dark, but cloudy, and there were no signs of sunlight left. The only light source outside were the dull, flickering streetlights, since the moon did not shine through the thick, dark clouds. The wind was blowing through the trees, the branches scraping against each other, and unfortunately for me, my window.

I was sitting in my living room together with my two best friends, Connor and Liz, and my roommate, Tyler, talking about everything and nothing. We had lit candles to light the room up, and all the other light came from a little bedside lamp that we had moved from my bedroom. The room was, thanks to it, not too dark.

“I can promise you that I did NOT say that to our teacher!” Connor shrieked in a high-pitched, quite girly tone. We all burst into laughter while Connor sulked. He always fell asleep during class, and he was a sleeptalker. Last week in math-class, the teacher had told him to wake up, and he’d told her she was the most repulsive creature on earth. In his sleep, of course, but it had still been hilarious. He’d gotten a week’s detention, having no idea why.

“Yeah, you did, we all saw you.” Tyler said with a smirk. I snickered and nodded.

“Uhuh, you did.” I seconded Tyler. Connor looked from him to me and let out a frustrated sigh.

“Tyleeeerrrrr, Raaaachel, not fair…” Connor whined and I grinned.

“It’s true, though. Just ask the teacher.”

We kept on bickering about this for about another half hour before Tyler hushed us down.

“Hey, guys, guys, shut it!” he exclaimed and we all snapped our mouths shut.

“I have something to say.” He stated and shot me a little smile. I nodded encouraging at him.

“You all know that Rachel”, he motioned with his arm towards me, “had her birthday last Sunday.”, I blushed slightly and nodded.

“Well, I didn’t really give her a proper present back then, so I thought that now was the perfect time to make up for that.”

My eyes widened as he held out a little box with pink wrapping paper around it.

“Awh, Tyler, you didn’t have to…”

“Just open it.” He said with a grin and ruffled my hair. I nodded with a big smile on my lips and ripped the wrapping of the box.

It was a black-painted cardboardbox. I opened it and gasped. Inside was a porcelain doll. It had no visible flaws, the skin white as snow with curly, black hair on the little head. It had big, green eyes and plump little pink lips. It was dressed in a big, frilly red dress. I felt as if I was going to cry.

I collected these kinds of dolls, and I’d wanted this one for a while now. I’d pointed it out once when me and Tyler were out shopping for food and passed an antics store.

“You remember…” I whispered and met his big, brown eyes with my own grey ones. He smiled and nodded.

“You like it?”

“Of course I do, you stupid idiot!” I shouted and hug him tightly.

“Thank you so much!” I added. He nodded with a big grin on his face.

“It’s nothing.” He murmured against my hair.

I got up and placed the doll on the kitchen table, and then I went back. We kept talking for a while and watched a few movies. Mostly horror movies. I was scared easily, so I had trouble sleeping. We’d put mattresses on the floor, Connor and Tyler sleeping next to each other, me sleeping in between of Tyler and Liz. I was thinking of SAW movies when I suddenly heard a noise from the kitchen. I snapped my eyes open and looked around in the room. Nothing wrong here, I thought and then put my head down again.

A few minutes later, I heard a dull thud. I didn’t really mind this time, though. I just thought my brain was playing tricks on me. But then I heard scraping against the floor, growing closer. I frowned, opening my eyes again, sitting up. On the floor in front of me was the doll Tyler had given me.

“How did this get here…?” I asked out loud to myself. I picked it up and put it on the livingroom table next to me. Then I put my head down and fell in a deep sleep.

The next morning when I woke up and looked around, I nearly had a heart attack. The mattresses were stained red and next to the sleeping Tyler was Connor. His throat was slit open and bleeding. And on his chest sat a little, pretty porcelain doll, hands covered in blood.