Chapter 1

I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO HARRY POTTER, ALL THE CHARACTERS, SPELLS, LOCATIONS, ETC. WERE CREATING BY J.K. ROWLING.

***

Grains of sand stuck to the bottom of her feet as she walked up the hill. With a shovel in her hand, she began to dig. Tears lingered in her eyes but wouldn't stream down her face. Maybe they would if she knew the elf better they'd be revealed. Guilt washed over her like water. The elf died for her and her friends. Maybe if they didn't get into danger, he could've lived. He could've died a peaceful death many years later. She couldn't help but feel somewhat responsible for his death. The elf hadn't met her until earlier that day, but that didn't stop him from dying for them. If only she could tell that brave house elf by the name of Dobby how grateful she was, she could have some kind of closure.

To the side, she could see a young boy with glasses and jet-black hair carrying a body wrapped in a bed sheet. A tall, redheaded boy and a girl with large teeth and bushy locks followed behind the young man. She looked up at the cottage near them. The sun was going to set soon. In the window of the cottage, she could see someone staring at them with his cold eyes. It was a goblin. Looking in his eyes for a brief second, even at a distance, made her feel somewhat uncomfortable.

The boy bearing the elf's body carefully placed the elf in his grave. That's when tears began to trickle down her cheeks. She silently sobbed as the two boys covered him with sand. They continued to bury him until he was completely covered and concealed from the spring air.

Suddenly, she jerked awake. Her heart was at a much faster pace and her back and neck was drenched in sweat. She put her long locks of blonde hair up in a ponytail and got out of bed. She groggily looked about her dormitory. The other four beds were made yet some belongings were still scattered around the room. She looked down at her feet, she was still wearing her shoes. The laces were still tied up in a strong knot. She hadn't slept walk that evening, thank Merlin.

A girl opened the door to her dormitory. She wore her Hogwarts robes and her blue and silver Ravenclaw tie.

"Luna," the girl spoke. "The train's going to arrive soon."

"Okay," Luna responded.

This was Luna Lovegood's last day at Hogwarts. The last seven years, she spent her time here, learning and interacting with other witches and wizards. These were the best years of her life, despite all the stress over her finals. Even though last year was dreadful for her at Hogwarts, it would always be her home.

Luna changed into some fresh clothes and put on her cloak. She turned to her nightstand and picked up her butterbeer cork necklace and her Dirigible plum earrings. Luna put the jewelry on her so she could ward away the Nargles. Especially on this day, of she forgot something in her dormitory, there'd be no going back to retrieve it.

While double checking to see if she had all of her belongings, Luna rummaged through old envelopes. All of them opened, containing letters from her friends and her father. She came across a certain letter that crossed her eye. The envelope was red and sealed with black wax. She opened it to read whatever was inside.

Dear Luna,
I hope you're doing well at Hogwarts. With everything repaired and everyone finally being safe, I'm sure you don't have any worries. If you can, tell Ginny and Hermione that say hello and wish them well during their exams. Harry and Ron tell me that Mr. and Mrs. Weasley are going to throw a welcome back party for the girls. They say that we can drop by as well. I'm definitely going. I hope to see you there. Again, have fun at Hogwarts.
Sincerely,
Neville

She folded the letter back up and put it back in the envelope. That was the only letter she received from Neville ever since Luna returned to school. It was sent to her sometime around the end of May. Luna didn't mind that Neville didn't write to her much, but she was absolutely glad to get a letter from him. She liked getting letters from anyone actually.