Part 2

2

I awoke early the next day. The sun was just rising. I didn’t see Caleb, so I looked for him in every room, but I couldn’t find him. I thought that maybe I had dreamt him, but I didn’t dream him, the door opened and Caleb walked in.

“You’re up,” Caleb said as he pulled two cups and a bottle from his bag.

Caleb poured what appeared to be red juice into the cups.

 “What is that?” I asked him.

“Fresh blood,” he said as he handed me a one of the cups.

I smelt the blood in the cup…it smelt so good. I took a sip of the blood; I then proceeded to gulp the cup of blood down in one shot. Caleb watched in surprise as I gulped the blood.

“We need to get going,” he said as he packed his bag.

I was nervous about leaving the house in daylight. I know that Caleb gave me the golden four-leaf clover that would protect me from the sun light, but I was still nervous. I stepped out of the house and onto the porch slowly. The porch roof was protecting me as I proceeded to the steps; I walked down the steps of the house and into the sunlight. The warmth of the sun felt good as it shined upon my body. I stood there with my eyes closed and the sun shining upon my face.

Caleb interrupted me as I had this moment with the sun. “Come on let’s go, get in,” he said.

I opened my eyes. Caleb was sitting inside of the taxi that he had called. Since we couldn’t fly during the day, we had to travel like humans. Caleb told the driver where we needed to go. We traveled down Grand Avenue, turned right onto Birch Street, made a left onto Washington Street and drove straight without turning. We drove for what seemed like hours. Passing stores, houses and railway tracks. We had finally arrived at our destination. We got out of the taxi, Caleb paid the driver and then we proceeded towards the forest.

“So, this friend of yours is a vampire?” I asked him as we walked rather quickly.

“No,” he said as we moved swiftly.

We began moving faster as if we were running. I looked down at my feet and we actually were running, but everything around us was in slow motion. We ran deep into the forest and then we came to an abrupt stop. We stood in front of a small wooden cottage.

The cottage looked old. It had two small windows, a small wooden fence with a wooden gate that wrapped around the front yard. Flowers of many colors planted in buckets and pots surrounded the front yard. The walkway leading from the gate to the house was made of pebbles. Caleb opened the front gate. We walked along the pebbled walkway that led to the front door of the cottage. When we walked up to the door, I noticed a pretty cat wind chime hanging on the right side. Caleb knocked on the door. I heard the sound of footsteps coming from inside the cottage. I was scared, I didn’t know what to expect. Caleb didn’t tell me anything about his friend. My heart raced as the door opened.

The door opened and a short, older woman appeared in front of us. The woman looked to be about ninety years old. She was thin and she had thin, white hair. Her eyes were a dark colored brown; and she had wrinkled skin. Her feet shuffled as she walked.

“Caleb, come on in,” the old woman said.

Caleb gave her a hug and introduced me to her.

“This is Ariana,” said Caleb. Ariana this is Delta.”

I shook Delta’s hand. She shut the door behind us. In the cottage, there were stuffed cats, skulls, bones and jars on shelves that had animal parts in them. It was a one-room cottage; she had a sheet that was hanging from a rope in the corner of the room. I thought that maybe that was where she slept. She had pentagrams and writings on the wall. I knew what she was right away.